Thread: Prop speed

Prop speed

I have a 2016 fx20 with a turbo fxp 26. I bought an identical spare that is running 4 to 5 mph slower and less bow lift. My prop was fixed by croxton and i purchased the spare that was also fixed by croxton. Is that normal ? Also my engine runs 3 degrees hotter with the new prop. Went from 144 to 147. I thought they would run the same ?

Unless your running them 5 minutes apart there are many more variables than just the prop. Humidity temperature wind
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Yes i ran them both today. I never had a spare. Just assume they would be identical. Still is a fine spare.

Oh ok. I guess I'd have to say even though croxton did both they still are not identical. Does the slower one at till end have a better holeshot or worse? Maybe one will be better in the winter and the other in the summer
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Hole shots are pretty close but the spare runs a littke higher rpm and less biw lift. Im thinking the last guy might have had it customized for his needs

Tuned to a different boat, very rarely works, Send that prop to Mark with very specific details. Every boat, prop and driver is different having different prop tuning requirements
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Thanks thats what i was thinking. Ill get all the detail and exact rpm and get it done