Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my Starlink Internet ordered today..

How long did it take you all to get your equipment and get going once you ordered???. I paid the $99 today, and I guess they charge the rest when the equipment ships???

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    How long did it take you all to get your equipment and get going once you ordered???. I paid the $99 today, and I guess they charge the rest when the equipment ships???
    I ordered 2/16, got notified the payment was processed on 4/5. At this point you can go to your Starlink page and tell them to go ahead and process it. Mine said it would auto process in 7 days, someone else said it showed 3 days. I then got a message to ship the week of 4/20. It shipped on the 20th and arrived on the 23rd. First speed test was 140 mbps and always test 40 Mbps or faster. It is beta and mine has shut off for a few minutes a few times, still 10x better than the $85 cell phone plan.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

3. Member
    ours took about 3-4 weeks but we have had ours for a month or more now. still waiting on the pole mount though!!! works really really good!!!! needs a clear view of the horizon also, use phone app to find it!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I ordered also about two months ago
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Ordered February and received this week. Trying to decided where to permanently mount. I've read you can't direct bury the cable and can't extend the cable and must use the Starlink router. Right now mine has to face the NW sky. Was hoping SW sky as would be cake to mount and route cable like I wanted to. Thinking I'm gonna have to roof mount it. Fast as lighting compared to DSL. Haven't called Centurylink to tell them to kiss my ass just yet, but can't wait to. Trying to figure out my landline security system first. I need a cellular communicator.
    Every day work-every day pray. I won't back up, I don't back down, I've been raised up to stand my ground. Shotgun toter, republican voter.
    GOD
    One Nation

6. Member
    OK guys, been trying to go that direction and was told its to early yet in our area, could someone please give me a link to follow up on that, we are hurting big time for service and that our only direction available.

7. Member
    I ordered 2/13 and I am still waiting for them to process. I cant wait to get it!!
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    Ordered February and received this week. Trying to decided where to permanently mount. I've read you can't direct bury the cable and can't extend the cable and must use the Starlink router. Right now mine has to face the NW sky. Was hoping SW sky as would be cake to mount and route cable like I wanted to. Thinking I'm gonna have to roof mount it. Fast as lighting compared to DSL. Haven't called Centurylink to tell them to kiss my ass just yet, but can't wait to. Trying to figure out my landline security system first. I need a cellular communicator.
    I had some of the same issues when we got our "Beam" 5g connection. The landline was for DSL and security. A 5 minute install of a security cellphone for $5 a month and $50 install was all it took for me to tell Verizon landline goodbye.
    Last edited by vatreefarmer; 05-08-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

9. Member
    Last edited by tj; 05-20-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    OK guys, been trying to go that direction and was told its to early yet in our area, could someone please give me a link to follow up on that, we are hurting big time for service and that our only direction available.
    https://www.starlink.com/
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

11. Member
    works with any router go to you tube and search starlink LOTS of info
    MAGA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    I changed mine to my old ASUS Aimesh system and it works well.

13. Member
    If you signup at Starlink.com, they will notify you when it is available.

14. Member
    Thanks guys

15. Member
    Thanks guys
    pay the 99 to get started and when you can pay the 500 you are a few weeks away
    MAGA

16. Member
    pay the 99 to get started and when you can pay the 500 you are a few weeks away
    Do they just email you when it’s time to pay the $500??

17. Member
    Do they just email you when it’s time to pay the $500??
    When you pay your initial $99, you agree for them to charge the rest when your order is ready to ship. They will email you then and tell you that you will be charged in a few days.

Ok. I had read from several sources it won't work with ANY other router. Guess I'm looking in the wrong places for info.

Ok. I had read from several sources it won't work with ANY other router. Guess I'm looking in the wrong places for info.
    if you do FB there is a "starlink" group with guys running all kinds of different stuff, routers, mesh, fiber to other buildings, and like has been mentioned Youtube has a bunch of stuff too
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    When you pay your initial $99, you agree for them to charge the rest when your order is ready to ship. They will email you then and tell you that you will be charged in a few days.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast