Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    let the dealer inspect the prop and see if any other damage is visible and then make the decision, wether to refund the money or keep the down payment. Not your problem anymore feel alright about your trade with the dealer and see what happens from there...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Ok. Here goes... I have a few props at home. 1 i run regularly, 3 spares (Ya i know) all hanging on my wall clean from croxton havent been run since i got em back. (All yamaha t1's in 27p & 28p.) Anyway, last week i decided i wanted to try a 26p bravo to help my holeshot. Tried it. Liked it. Used from my boat shop. Made a deal to trade my clean off my wall 27p t1 and $50 for the bravo. Well everything seemed on the up and up.

Now it gets tricky. There is a guy that comes in there notoriously hard on props. Killed 2 last week. Wants the 27p t1 from my guy i traded it to. Gives him $100 has it for a week, bangs it and throws a blade. Now, i know it was clean from croxton (and i never once doubted marks work) never run straight from my wall. The guy that took it is a numb nuts, and is knowingly hard on props. Like this is his 3rd in a week. But never wants to pay full price.

So my dilemma is i feel bad for my dealer/mechanic who might be gettin poked. Since he threw a blade he wants to honor it. But i just traded it to him for a bravo. Its not neccessarily any of our faults, but i hate to see him lose on the deal, or worse yet have the feeling that i screwed him with a prop. Like i snookered him with a junk one or something. I know i didn't. And he is a more than fair guy. But i feel bad i traded him a prop, for a prop, and then he tried to sell it and threw a blade. So how in the eyes of me and my mechanic, can i make this right? Or at least make us feel better about the deal. Cuz id hate for him to think i screwed him when i promise i didnt. Just a sh*t deal all arpund. Except for the pile that keeps ripping up props and expecting to not pay for em.
    None of this is on you, it is 100% on the guy using his props to dredge new channels on the bottom of the lake.

3. Moderator
    Get the prop and see the damage for yourself. With a history of damaging props no doubt it's his fault. Should not have let him have the prop without full payment.

4. Member
    Turns out you all are correct. His prop shaft was bent an it dis not sling a blade. It was an ear broke off, and other ears with slight damage. Thank goodness it worked out. Ill post pics on monday when i go down to the shop to see it myself. Now the guy trying to stiff everyone.. He will be handled a different way.

5. Member
    OP - your heart is too big and in the right place, but thats the dealer and jackwags problem. Don't let it bother you and sleep easy brother.

2 from him. 1 was his original. Yes. 3 props. 2 weeks.
    He's not throwing blades he knocking them off... its not your problem.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfarmer View Post
    Dealer needs to let him eat it. He ruined it. Dealer is better off losing his business vs covering for his errors and losing money on an idiot.
    The winner. who needs a customer you are going to lose money on?
    Don't count the days,Make the day's count
    YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

8. Member
    Whether its a dealer or an individual, if you take their prop
    to the water and damage it you own it, be it new or used, it still
    the buyer/borrowers responsibility. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

9. Member
    Not your fault. Guys a idiot. Needs to be told to take a hike. Seems like he’s causing issues for good people.

I mostly feel bad about MY relationship with the dealer. I dont want him thinkin i traded him junk. I appreciate the replys. Gives me some peace of mind.
    if he is in the business he probably knows the nature of the business, things happen, i think you and him will be fine and if he has dealt with the guy previously he probably knows of how rough he is on equipment
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

11. Member
    I've been running a bass boat for over 35 yrs. $h!t happens.....but I've only ruined 3-4 props due to bad decisions. 3 in a week is...
    .well you can't fix stupid! You nor your dealer should feel the slightest remorse for that guys actions.

12. Member
    Thanks guys. Good advice all around. I appreciate the good words.

13. Member
    You definitely shouldn’t be on the hook for anything. However, is there a chance he didn’t know prop shaft was bent and it was the cause for all 3 prop failures in short period of time? Dealer and you certainly don’t owe the guy anything, but he may not be a complete crook if that is the case?

14. Member
    Post 20 had the best advise IMHO. BUT when truth came out about what actually happened I would still communicate with the dealer to see what the end result is. I would not let the dealer take all the burden if the Idiot does not pay him. Stuff happens and a good name in the end is worth more than a few $$$.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

15. Member
    Does this guy ever try driving a different route? Seems he keeps blasting over the same rock pile expecting different results.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Quit running the Mississippi if you don’t know it.

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Post 20 had the best advise IMHO. BUT when truth came out about what actually happened I would still communicate with the dealer to see what the end result is. I would not let the dealer take all the burden if the Idiot does not pay him. Stuff happens and a good name in the end is worth more than a few $$$.
    the dealer is the one that let him walk out the door for 100 bucks, that's totally on him...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    You and the dealer made a transaction. The prop the dealer gave the guy wasn't yours anymore, it was the dealers. You are in no way part of their transaction.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

19. Member
    Not your problem. Croxton does great work, never had any issues. You paid and extra 50 for the Bravo.. Your ok... go fish.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

20. Member
    3 props in 2 weeks!!! From what I hear about Bass in Illinois, he's wrecked one prop for each of the Bass in the state. Only kidding OP.

As others have said. You are a good guy, but this is not your problem to solve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast