Injector fault code p204

I have a 2010 pro xs optimax 200, serial #1B805431. 243 hours. I recently noticed I dropped a couple of mphs on my top speed. Then noticed it idling a little rougher than usual. Pulled all the plugs and replaced. Cylinder 2 was fouled pretty bad and cylinder 4 was fouled too but not as bad. The #2 coil pack and wire appeared to have a bad connection so I replaced that coil pack and all the wires. Took it out and it ran the same today. Checked codes with vessel view and it set a 204-1 today. It never set a code in the past. Took it to a local shop. Tech scanned it and ohmed out the injector and harness and said everything seemed fine. We put another injector in to see if that would fix it. Took it back out. Seems to run a little better but still doesn't seem 100%. My top speed seems down slightly but it sounds perfect when running 5400. It did not set the p204-1 code again. Is there any other test I can have done or do my self. I just dont want to cause any damage. It just frustrating because I'm not sure if the tide, wind, load are making me run slower or if it's something wrong.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Cylinder Misfire Test (on the water).

Did you replace the plugs?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Yes I replaced the plugs
    Last edited by smccabe12; 05-07-2021 at 04:26 PM.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just to clarify: You replaced them AFTER the injector was replaced, correct?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I replaced the plugs and wires before the injector was replaced. But I only fired up the motor for like 5 minutes before I put the boat on the trailer and took it to the shop where they swapped out the #4 injector.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd suggest getting it on the water with a tech for a Cylinder Misfire Test at higher RPM's.

Also- did you use an OEM Mercury/Quicksilver coil?