Thread: Dale Hollow

Dale Hollow

I'll be coming down to Dale Hollow in a couple weeks. First time fishing it so any advice would be appreciated. I'm used to fishing deep on Lake Erie for smallies so if that's what it takes I do have the gear for it. Also like shallow patterns for largemouth. I'm staying at Sunset Marina so if I can avoid a long run to the main lake that would be great since the wife will be with me most likely. Thanks
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

2. Moderator
    If you can catch fish on Erie in deep clear water you can catch them here. I have never fished there other than from the bank but I would think mostly the same tactics would work. Jigs, tubes and creature baits during the day. You could possibly pick up some fish on spinners and cranks if the water is stained. Find the depth the fish are holding and fish that. Any underwater point, current break or structure in that depth range should work well. Also there should be some grass coming up good by then and you can pick up some fish over the grass.

3. Member
    Thanks a lot, I know I'll have to put some time into it. Knowing to look for the grass is a big help. I'm sure I'll have several rods on the deck!
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

4. Moderator
    I was there today. Shad everywhere in the creeks. Surface temps were 66ish. I was crappie fishing so not looking for bass but lost a 2-3# smallie on a small grub. Fish were chasing shad everywhere.

5. Member
    A big difference between lake Erie smallmouth and Dale hollow smallmouth is that the small mouth at Dale hollow do not like sunshine