Thread: Which Model?

Lightbulb Which Model?

No better place then BBC to get some thoughts on this.
    In the near future I'm going to purchase a new Phoenix, I know its a 12-14 week wait, I'm in no hurry. However I can't make up my mind as to which model to purchase, I'm torn between 920 elite 920 pro xl and a 721.
    I'd like to hear some thoughts on which model and why.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The Elite has a totally different front deck layout with the large center box and day box , the other 2 have 2 center boxs and 2 large rod lockers if that makes a difference to you.
    the elite will have more bells and whistles, the 721 will be the best price point. They are all Awesome
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    ^^^^^^ what he said... I ordered the Elite... because I love the day box in front of the drivers console.. i can put what I need most of the right in there (baits wise) and never have to open middle storage... for me.. that helps on the wind catching ya... But they cost more.. so get what you want and what ya can afford...

Mo

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The Elite has a totally different front deck layout with the large center box and day box , the other 2 have 2 center boxs and 2 large rod lockers if that makes a difference to you.
    the elite will have more bells and whistles, the 721 will be the best price point. They are all Awesome
    Agreed. I would add the 721 is a little longer and the two 900 series models will be wider. The 721 will ride slightly softer and all 3 are fast dry soft rides. Go crawl around in them all and stand at the TM pedal and see how they feel to fish from.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    I recommend looking at the specs/measurements of the front deck . I REALLY like the extra width in the 900 series. I have the 21 PHX and I have a ton of room up front with no worries about stepping on rods . The width is what sold me over the 721. As far as ride softness- I’ve never been in a 721 but the 921 is incredible in rough water ! Have fished 2 tournaments this year with 3 foot swells and both my partners have commented on what a pleasure it was to be in the Phoenix on a day like it was.

6. Member
    Just go crawl in them and see which layout you like. If the 920 elite had been an option when I bought my 721 that's what I'd be in because I like the big center storage and day box plus the shorter gunnels.
    My boat was fully upgraded to match the color twin 920 beside it on the lot minus the wiring system. I took rods and went from boat to boat for over an hour. The 920 to me, isn't worth the extra cost over the 721. The width difference isn't really noticeable to me. Plus my boat had a sho, and warrior trailer while the 920 had a 2s merc and standard trailer. Both money adding upgrades and the 721 was still 7k cheaper. I added 2 more graphs, a 360, deck lights, and my own wiring system for a little less than the price difference in the 2 models.

I just hope they drop a 721 elite one day

7. Member
    I came out of a 721 and now I have a 920 Elite. I loved my 721 and I was surprised but I love my 920 Elite more. This is all in my opinion from my experience and what I personally look for in a boat you can’t go wrong with either. It’s been my experience with my two boats the 920 rides a little better, the 721 has just a bit of side slop in the rough stuff where the 920 is a little more stable. I love the wide deck on the 920 may partner and I can fish side by side on the nose of the boat and not be crowded at all. Really like the raised deck and layout of the elite boat. I haven’t messed with my setup on my 920 so far with the same load as my 721 it’s 2mph slower. Check them out and get the one that fits you. I would be tickled to fish out of either one of them.
    Last edited by A.J.; 05-08-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Agreed. I would add the 721 is a little longer and the two 900 series models will be wider. The 721 will ride slightly softer and all 3 are fast dry soft rides. Go crawl around in them all and stand at the TM pedal and see how they feel to fish from.
    Good luck finding someone with those boats in stock!