New Perhaps Favorite Tackle Store?

I stopped into DH Custom Rods/Tackle Store down near Minnetonka today! I will definitely be going back.

I have driven by in the past and just hadn't stopped in, wow was that a mistake! They are definitely tuned to bass fishing, which is key.

Normally I try to buy from smaller shops, but do also order and buy from some of the bigger boxes (Cabelas and Scheels, sometimes TW).

I try to frequent Joes, Thorne Bros, sometimes Capras and have started to try Omnia (as it is close by).

Anyone else have any tackle stores that I should try in the Metro Area if I get a chance?
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

Prior Lake Bait and Tackle usually has a good selection of bass stuff if you're ever down that way. Mike's Bait on 8 is also a decent stop if you're heading for the Chisago area lakes.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    I've been a fan of Wayzata Bait and Tackle since I was a kid
    2020 Ranger Reata 1850MS Merc Pro XS 150

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Prior Lake Bait and Tackle usually has a good selection of bass stuff if you're ever down that way.
    +1
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

5. Member
    I'm in the NE Metro so I usually go to Blue Ribbon Baits, Josh is a great guy and one heckuva muskie guide, and also Capra's and Mike's on 8. Prior Lake Bait is pretty solid whenever I go in there when fishing Prior. Never been to DH as I don't get down to Tonka much. Next time I'll have to check it out.

6. Member
    Its farther north but the best in that part of the state Thousand Lake Sporting Goods in Grand Rapids always has more then I need when I get up north.

7. Member
    I agree and have been into Thousand Lakes a bunch, and actually bought one of their hats! Very knowledgeable staff. I would recommend it as well.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

Not in the Metro but if I'm in that part of the state I always have to include a stop at Christopherson's in Alex. I believe they have an ebay store as well.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.