Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    What is idiotic is saying what someone can do with a LEGAL product. It's a choice you can smoke/dip or not , it is your choice. Just more people trying to push their agenda on other people.
    Once again we are talking about a LEGAL product .
    I agree. Grown ass men.

I gave up dipping 18 months ago. Second best thing I ever did. Haven't smoked for 20+ years. First best thing I ever did. As far as someone in their own boat dipping or smoking, I could care less. Just don't throw your butts or cans in the water.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Hey if you are playing in someone elses sandbox you gotta follow their rules. No different than being in my house and trying to smoke. Otherwise I could care less if people want to smoke or dip.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Scott Martin

5. Member
    I Marshall’ed for FLW and the anglers weren’t allowed to use tobacco products while fishing, it was allowed otherwise.
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS

6. Member
    I quit smoking when I was 30, I'm now 74 and have
    COPD. I cant be in smelling distance of a cigarette w/o
    it causing me a problem. I regret ever having put that
    first one in my mouth. You should to. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Imagine turning on the TV and the centerfield for the Yankees is smoking a cig while in the outfield.... lol
    Earl Weaver use to smoke in the dugout. Got thrown out one night. Next night brought the lineup card to home plate with a candy cigarette in his mouth. Got tossed before the game even started.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Earl Weaver use to smoke in the dugout. Got thrown out one night. Next night brought the lineup card to home plate with a candy cigarette in his mouth. Got tossed before the game even started.
    I recall those shots of Earl peeking out of the tunnel while smoking a cigarette.

The Orioles had a pitcher think he was a reliever that Earl referred to as Two Pack as anytime he was on the mound Earl said he’d go through two packs to calm his nerves.

I think the pitcher’s name was Don Stanhouse and his Teammates nicknamed him “Stan the Man Unusual”

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    When Lou Pinella was managing the Mariners he had a little hidey hole in the dugout where the cameras couldn’t see him light them up. It was pretty funny seeing it in person, just ripping cigs the entire game.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    The tournament circuits like to portray themselves as one big happy family-oriented sport, a sort of utopia. Showing smokers and explaining how many of them sleep in their trucks and spend 200 days a year away from home does not really fit that narrative.
    I never thought of it that way, good observation. I guess pro anglers are a little bit of a mix between a professional degenerate gambler and a door to door salesman peddling their wares.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Holy S/it. Just made it through 6 pages of this thread. Having flash backs to sitting in study hall in high school and listening to all the gossip about the bad boys who do things momma said they shouldn't.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Both are just as idiotic.
    This is inflammatory statement. A better way to say what I think you’re trying to say is that they are both bad for your health. But, hey, it’s still a semi-free country and you’re able to make your own decisions, regarding tobacco.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Just because something is legal doesn’t mean you have to do it or use it we all make our own choices.

Originally Posted by Jfish
    The tournament circuits like to portray themselves as one big happy family-oriented sport, a sort of utopia. Showing smokers and explaining how many of them sleep in their trucks and spend 200 days a year away from home does not really fit that narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I never thought of it that way, good observation. I guess pro anglers are a little bit of a mix between a professional degenerate gambler and a door to door salesman peddling their wares.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Holy S/it. Just made it through 6 pages of this thread. Having flash backs to sitting in study hall in high school and listening to all the gossip about the bad boys who do things momma said they shouldn't.

Always enjoy the entertainment on the Smoking and Chewing Threads

Especially that Photo Montage of Seth taken by a BBC Marshal that was posted a while back and someone commenting that Seth made "Smoking Look Cool"
    Last edited by Hoot; 05-09-2021 at 09:50 AM.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Landinlunkers View Post
    This is inflammatory statement. A better way to say what I think you’re trying to say is that they are both bad for your health. But, hey, it’s still a semi-free country and you’re able to make your own decisions, regarding tobacco.
    Naaaa, when I smoked and chewed it was idiotic so I'll stick with that. I know, I know, some guys like to be let down easy and have the truth sugarcoated but adulthood is a bummer and my moms not always around to give me a cuddle. ...................

16. Member
    kids that watch are impressionable. they see the heroes doing it, more likely they do it, so keep it off camera

use to dip for many years, glad I don't know
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Originally Posted by Landinlunkers

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Naaaa, when I smoked and chewed it was idiotic so I'll stick with that. I know, I know, some guys like to be let down easy and have the truth sugarcoated but adulthood is a bummer and my moms not always around to give me a cuddle. ...................

The Show Goes on and the Acts just keep getting better didn't realize Cowtrimmer had such a good Stand Up Comedy Act

18. Member
    kids that watch are impressionable. they see the heroes doing it, more likely they do it, so keep it off camera

use to dip for many years, glad I don't know

No more heroes.

Just the social media influencers to help guide them through life's decisions.

19. Member
    Seth looking cool. Lol. Looks like a horror movie reject.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    glad I don't know

That is what the guy You were arguing in the other thread stated, now You agree with Him?.. Pick a lane

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast