Engine delivery delays .....

Interesting article....

noticed this para in an article regarding the large numbers of Ford pickup trucks parked outside US factories awaiting supply/fitment of scarce electronic chips...

“While the shortage of computer chips started earlier in the year, Ford was set back again on March 19 when chipmaker Renesas, which manufacturers about two-thirds of all chips in the auto industry, experienced a “significant fire” at its facility in Japan, Farley said on the call.
    He said it will take the Japanese company until July to fully ramp up chip production. Nine “tier 1” suppliers who sell parts to Ford plants source their computer chips from Renesas,”

I am aware that the same Japanese company supplies chips to the Suzuki outboard plants in Japan.

2. Member
    Count on Suzuki when the chips are down.

So.....I’m just starting to shop to repower my Ranger/ Evirude 225 and am interested in Suzuki. I take it that Suzuki is not any better off supply wise as Yamaha and Mercury??
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

4. Member
    They are all pretty much in the same boat.

It can depend on local dealers to an extent.

The problem now though is that everyone is shopping around every brand and every dealer to try to track down any stock they have.

Its not much better worldwide.

And the issue now extends to gauges as well, I was talking yesterday to my local Zuke guy and he says the SMG4 digital gauges are almost impossible to get, apparently they come from the same factory in Japan that makes the chips.

And the latest news is that the bonded glass for gauges and LCD display screens is also in short supply.

Best to talk to your local dealer and see what they say. The earlier you get in line the better!

5. Member
    I sold my Suzuki late February and ordered a Mercury early March. It's the same sort of deal, I've been waiting months for the Mercury. Every manufacturer is being hit right now.