Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Craziest pattern you’ve gotten on?

I don’t think I’ve ever really gotten on any crazy patterns. Watching an old MLF and they are commenting on how crazy a pattern they are on catching fish on docks in the rain. Made me curious about some other crazy patterns people have gotten on?

2. Member
    Loooooong time ago, my brother-in-law and I started catching fish only when singing Bobby Vinton songs.

3. Banned
    Craziest for me was catching fish on a buzz bait in water with 2 ft waves and white caps.

Flooded lake 24 feet above normal pool, fishing trees that under normal levels were 30 feet back up the shoreline, the weird part it had to be a tree that had little red berries about the size of a large cherry. And if you didn't get bit on the first cast by the tree you weren't going to get bit on that tree no matter how many casts you made.

5. Member
    ON a holiday weekend I once fished around every shore/boathouse that had some bikini babes out sunning themselves.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Orange 'fur' lining of a chopper mitten wrapped onto a bare hook...

Ran out of minnows while ice fishing a farm pond for crappie; I think they bit better on the fur.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Orange 'fur' lining of a chopper mitten wrapped onto a bare hook...

Ran out of minnows while ice fishing a farm pond for crappie; I think they bit better on the fur.
    I've used red yarn on the hook to catch smelt under river ice, at night no less. lol
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

A strange location and condition one time. A earthen dam that used to seal off a cove as a pond from a river oxbow. The dam had been torn out in a spot about 10 feet wide reconnecting the pond to the river. We could not buy a bite that day. Then late in the afternoon they began power generation and a good current developed thru this 10 foot cut. i threw a worm up and the current rolled it out. Apparently the bass were accustomed to lying below this current and pick off what got swept thru. I missed two fish because of slack line. So I pulled to the side of the dam and anchored down where I could throw across the current and started catching fish as the current picked up the worm and swept it sideways. Good fish, not dinks.

9. Member
    😂. My son and his 2 friends that always fish with us have an “ eat my cricket” song they usually sing when things get slow. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bkirch View Post
    Loooooong time ago, my brother-in-law and I started catching fish only when singing Bobby Vinton songs.
    Last edited by weim hunter; 05-06-2021 at 08:26 PM.

10. Member
    I’ve run that pattern a couple times myself. Thought that was more of a normal pattern. Don’t think I’ve caught a limit yet doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    ON a holiday weekend I once fished around every shore/boathouse that had some bikini babes out sunning themselves.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Two I can think of and if history repeats itself one of them is about to happen again this summer after being dormant for 17 years. In 2004 when the cicada hatch was full blown you could find a bank with overhanging trees and it was game on with top water.

The second odd pattern I ever got into was main lake areas that had a tremendous amount of boat wash on the bank. The water would be gin clear but on the bank it was dirty from wave action. This had the crayfish stirred up and bass were actively feeding in that bank washed water. I have seen the conditions multiple times but I have only made it a viable pattern to run once.

12. Member
    I got on a dock pattern in a tournament one time - you had to fish boat lifts on the right side of the dock. There was no sun that day and it was flat calm. Can't explain it to this day. Even my co that day would call the shots when we were going to catch one.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

My dad and I caught a 17lb limit (pretty good limit in our area) on a jerkbait in water with about a 1” visibility at 45 degree water temp. Literally threw it out of complete desperation after only having caught one good fish in 5 hours on a trap. Jerkbait with 7 second pauses and we caught probably 8 fish in 20 minutes. We still talk about it because of how dirty the water was (almost muddy) and still pretty cold. The Shad were at the top of the water too Cloudy windy and cold as all get out. Those fish didn’t read the manual that day

14. Member
    Had a a 2 tournament stretch where I finished my limit while answering the ‘call of nature’. Didn’t get a drop on the boat or my hands but .... let’s just say swinging in the fish was awkward.

15. Member
    Dragging a creature bait into the water to get bit. If your cast landed in the water, they would scatter.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Very similar to mine except that I was throwing a 1/16 oz. white crappie jig on the back side of docks to catch smallmouths on a weekend while people were on the docks - Lake Wallenpaupack, PA. It was just nutty.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Had a a 2 tournament stretch where I finished my limit while answering the ‘call of nature’. Didn’t get a drop on the boat or my hands but .... let’s just say swinging in the fish was awkward.
    That is a well known Senko "dead stick" pattern, same thing happens when talking to the wife on the phone. Invariably your line starts to move off.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weim hunter View Post
    😂. My son and his 2 friends that always fish with us have an “ eat my cricket” song they usually sing when things get slow. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    That doesn't make sense

Got on a good park bench pattern one time on Tenkiller Lake in eastern Oklahoma. Lake was way up, and throwing cranks around the benches and picnic tables in the flooded lakeside parks was killer.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

20. Member
    Flipping marinas. Catching bass on johnson and evinrude outboards. None from Mercury or yamaha
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast