Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saw two Bald Eagles while fishing today

They may have been Mates. Both were up in a high tree about 20 ft apart. Cool Birds.

See them constantly here. Nest on the lake is on its 3rd set of new ones.

They are common here now, 15 years ago would have been rare to see one. Amazing amount of new ones.

Never saw them in south Alabama growing up. Now I know where three nesting pair live. Not sure if there are more of them now or they just migrated into the area.

4. Moderator
    Beautiful birds.

Last year I was treated to a pair of Eagles fighting in the air. They end up about 100 feet up directly above the boat and pieces of feathers were falling and landing around the boat.

they are extremely common around here. glad to see they are hitting WV now too. do they sound weird there? lol
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    A few years back, I was at the Lackawaxen River near the Delaware River and spotted 51 eagles along the river in winter. They come down there annually to winter. It's really amazing and like 25 minutes from my house.

8. Member
    See them regularly nowadays. Never saw them when I was younger. They have definitely made a comeback in West Michigan!!!

9. Member
    I was on lake Erie last fall fishing and watched several of them dive down and grab fish from the water. Very cool to see. On the lake I live on here, we see them as well. Just yesterday I saw a juvenile eagle hunting over our lake.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Beautiful Bird

11. Member
    When you see one just make sure to say "America" how that got started by me no idea as they are like mice everywhere around here

12. Member
    Very common in western washington.

Check out this shot I got a couple of years ago. I tossed a squawfish back and it didnt make it. After a few minutes, I heard this swooshing sound and I looked up and saw this eagle circling and making a move on the fish. Got my phone out just in time to snap this pic. I'm actually surprised by the quality of the shot because this phone took garbage pics, especially if moving.

'Murica!

13. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    My son and I saw two last weekend at Kerr Res. They had a nest. Was SO COOL to see.

14. dartag1829
    Fish a local park. There has been a pair nesting there for probably 10 years. Stop by and see them every time I am out there. I always tell people. " Look up you never know what you will see "

eagle5.JPGeagle6.JPGeagle4.JPG

15. Member
    They are thick up here on the upper Mississippi- Thank you Rachel Carson!
    Pool 10

16. Member
    I am less than a mile from the Ct. River. We see them here pretty much every day. Saw one last week circling about tree top level at the end of the street.

About a month ago I was putting some garbage out and saw something odd looking on the windshield of the truck. Grabbed it and checked it out. It was the upper jaw and skull of a squirrel. I identified it because there was one piece of fur shaped like a bowtie on part of the skull base. Thing was cleaned like it had been boiled and scraped. Not a speck of flesh. We get hawks hunting in the yard on a daily basis and they will perch in the border trees at the back of our lot and wait for something. Have seen them catch squirrels and chipmunks. The rabbits that frequent the yard and nest in our gardens are exceptionally skittish this year. They usually linger and eat but now they dart around.

17. Member
    I was fishing in eastern Ky. Yatesville lake. Beautiful day to b out. Cold in the morning but real nice in the afternoon.

While fishing Stockton Lake in MO, I watching an Osprey swoop down and catch a fish. Only to have an Eagle charge the Osprey to try and get the fish from it. After a few tense circles and squawking, the Osprey dropped the fish to get away. The Eagle followed the fish down, but did not catch it before it hit the water and was gone.

19. Member
    We see them on Nolin (KY) every so often.

20. Member
    I was drinking coffee, looking out the kitchen window watching a cottontail hopping around the back yard when all of a sudden a eagle nailed it and started to rip it apart. They are huge when you see them up close. We are seeing more and more around here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast