transducer location Help

I just got my garmin gt56 in today and i would like input on the best location for it. I have a Stratos 295 pro elite. i have never used electronics bf or owned a bass boat so i'm not sure yet "how i fish" i also am not sure if i should mount the garmin on the console (with a ram mount) or on the bow..... thanks

2. Member
    It really depends on if you have any other electronics on the boat. If this is the only unit, you could consider a ram mount at the console that could allow you to rotate the unit 180 so you can view it while you are fishing off the bow.

If you care most about scanning the bottom before you fish an area, or gps guiding you back to a launch area, then console mount it for sure. If you're planning to almost exclusively use unit with your TM, then mounting on the bow will give you the most accurate readings (less so if your transducer is back near your drain plug, and your control head is up front, then you'd essentially be needing to add length of your boat to your readings in order to know what you just went over.
    Jan-Erik
    2000 Ranger 520DVS, Mercury Optimax 225HP