Thread: Curcumcision

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Curcumcision

Do you believe you need circumcised? Did you have any choice or did your mama decide? Did God change his mind on the male anatomy?

2. Member
    This should be a interesting thread and conversation from a biblical eschatological point of view.......................... From a old testament (old covenant) point of view you HAD to be circumcised ( physically / literally ) according to the Law of Moses .

Paul and the apostles in the new testament portion of the bible began to speak about the circumcision of the HEART ( spiritual / non physical) .

From a eschatological view.......................one should ask..................where did Paul and the apostles teachings come from ? In other words, Israel had to be circumcised " of the flesh/ physical " , Paul and the apostles were Jews and were teaching a spiritual / non physical circumcision .......................

Ill give you a hint. Physical or Spiritual Jew ?

rexico.....................your question is such a good question but many will not take take the time to "think about it ".

In America the need to be circumcised has been influenced by the beliefs and doctrines of the church .

From a medical perspective...................it is better hygiene/ cleanliness to be circumcised. Isn't that what the OT and NT conveyed ? Clean ? without spot wrinkle or blemish ?, Holy ? Garments of white ? white robes ? I could go on and on.

Hope you get a lot of responses !
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-06-2021 at 11:56 PM.

3. Member
    I should add the biblical text in Acts 26:22............................... where Paul made it clear.

But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen--

Paul was clearly saying...............................what he taught could be found in the Law and the Prophets. He wasn't making up a NEW TEACHING like atheist and agnostics say he was.

I post things here on this site from atheist and agnostic to make to a point..................................Eschatology and Theology matters.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-06-2021 at 11:45 PM.

4. Member
    oooops I will answer your questions LOL

1. yes you have to be circumcised ( of the heart). Its been this way from the OT .

2. I had no choice because God is sovereign ( of the heart) ..................."free will" people will be enraged .

3. God is the same yesterday and today and forever because He doesn't change.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-07-2021 at 12:20 AM.

5. Member
    This is one simple " reason" why eschatology matters.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Do you believe you need circumcised? Did you have any choice or did your mama decide? Did God change his mind on the male anatomy?
    Though circumcision was required by GOD as a token ( riminder, memorial, momento etc.) for the new covenant between GOD and the man Abram, who's name was changed to Abraham, it was a reminder to the following generations the obedience and discomfort he endured at 99 yrs old for it was required by GOD.
    Though the pharisees tried to use this as to elevate themselves over the gentile, Paul explained how worthless it was, especially to those that were not direct descendants of Abraham. He went on to discuss further, the change incurred by the sacrifice Christ made for all at the cross. Though you may have been trying to misrepresent its intent and will, GOD's word never changes.

Romans 4: 7-12

Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
    9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
    10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
    11 And he received the sign of circumcision, (Gen. 17:10) a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
    12 and the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

As Christian, it is a precursor to the circumcision of our hearts in the new covenant in Christ, as reverence to His sacrifice at the cross.

7. Banned
    If you weren't circumcised now, would you go ahead and get that done?

8. Member
    If you weren't circumcised now, would you go ahead and get that done?
    Didn't you read post #6??
    Please re-read it and let me know which part you do not understand, and I will do my best in clarifying it for you. Thank you.

BTW, circumcision today is done for hygiene reasons.

9. Banned
    1st Cor. 12. 18 explains it .... no you don't have to be circumcised. Your post are sometimes hard to follow.

10. Member
    I am glad that you got your answer out of 1 Corth 12: 12-18, though I fail to see how that deals with circumcision, and I apologize for not having been clearer in my reply.

Be safe and be well

11. Member
    Dig, I agree..............I didn't see how the quoted verses from 1 Cor 12:18 spoke about circumcision...................I am sure rexico will be along shortly to explain. I think he may have posted the wrong text by accident.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Dig, I agree..............I didn't see how the quoted verses from 1 Cor 12:18 spoke about circumcision...................I am sure rexico will be along shortly to explain. I think he may have posted the wrong text by accident.
    No Prob, I thought that I had answered the question in post #6.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    No Prob, I thought that I had answered the question in post #6.
    My response was not clear. I had been reading multiple verses about the subject, that was only one of many. It was not the only reason for my conclusion.
    And I was talking about folks with hard to follow post!

14. Member
    Wasn,t it St. Paul that liberalized regulations on this? Once the circumcision requirement was dropped, there were a lot more adult converts to the early Church.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Wasn,t it St. Paul that liberalized regulations on this? Once the circumcision requirement was dropped, there were a lot more adult converts to the early Church.
    You are correct about Paul, sir.
    Please read post #6 if you would like to have more clarity on what Paul said in Romans 4: 7-12

16. Banned
    What I got from 1 Cor 12. 18 was if God required circumcision, then he changed his mind, designed a body part, then required a change. I don't think that would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post

17. Member
    What I got from 1 Cor 12. 18 was if God required circumcision, then he changed his mind, designed a body part, then required a change. I don't think that would happen.
    If GOD designed a part and later made a modification recall as you are trying to implicate, wouldn't He have required it of every human male?? and since it was in His power from the beginning, why would He not make the modification on Adam correcting it for all time.

Again, you need to read post #6 slowly absorbing the very first line, in which you will notice the directive GOd gave to Abraham. Abraham clearly understood GOD, and followed it up throughout his entire household (that included all related to him and those in service), without going around to any of the other population, yet to be continued by all the descendants of Abraham.

18. Banned
    If I understand, Paul changed God's circumcision rule. How long was God's rule in effect? Any idea on the date of the rule change?
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post

19. Banned
    We totally and completely agree. You didn't read my last sentence."I don't think that would happen"..
    If GOD designed a part and later made a modification recall as you are trying to implicate, wouldn't He have required it of every human male?? and since it was in His power from the beginning, why would He not make the modification on Adam correcting it for all time.

Again, you need to read post #6 slowly absorbing the very first line, in which you will notice the directive GOd gave to Abraham. Abraham clearly understood GOD, and followed it up throughout his entire household (that included all related to him and those in service), without going around to any of the other population, yet to be continued by all the descendants of Abraham.

20. Banned

In your first sentences it appears that your using your logic and reasoning. Remember that's a no-no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast