Banned

Roanoke River recently......

Anybody been in the last week and have anything on water level or color. Figuring it ought to be pretty good with little or no rainfall to speak of the last month or so. Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Member
    yes - its J U I C Y...and chocked full of bigguns. Honest report. Looks like late June right now, or did before rain last two days. Early this week it was setup exceptional, will be a little tougher now but it tends to get a touch better in places post rain (just have to find that hot hole).

3. Banned
    Put in at around 6:30am this morning. Decent current and river was stained a good bit. The few creeks i went in were stained at the mouth but cleared up pretty good the further you went back. Back got to bothering me pretty bad so i loaded up about 3:15 and came home. Fun day, 3 "jack fish", 2 black fish and about 35 bass with a 9lb 5 oz kicker. Found a few good spots. We go back Monday. Lots of boats at the motels there heading into Plymouth and talked with someone whose club has a 2 day tourney there tomorrow and Sunday. Not sure who all else but lots of boats. Should be some good weights.

Sent you an email.

5. Member
    Did you snag a pic of the 9 pounder? Would love for you to share that moment with us?

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Put in at around 6:30am this morning. Decent current and river was stained a good bit. The few creeks i went in were stained at the mouth but cleared up pretty good the further you went back. Back got to bothering me pretty bad so i loaded up about 3:15 and came home. Fun day, 3 "jack fish", 2 black fish and about 35 bass with a 9lb 5 oz kicker. Found a few good spots. We go back Monday. Lots of boats at the motels there heading into Plymouth and talked with someone whose club has a 2 day tourney there tomorrow and Sunday. Not sure who all else but lots of boats. Should be some good weights.

6. Banned
    GREENTOON---sent you a email. Sorry, i must have deleted it by mistake.

7. Banned
    Got some pics and a short video of her before she was released. She had not spawned out yet and was full of eggs. Caught in in the very back of a creek just as far as you can go on topwater. I left immediately and went back Monday and could not buy a topwater bite to save my life. Do not know how to do the post pic thing. Rare i ever actually weigh one unless in a tourney but figured it was the biggest i have ever caught at the Roanoke or anywhere down east matter a fact. She fought a good as i have ever had and it was probably over a minute or so before i ever got her up enough to see that she was a bass.

Didn't get email, must be in cyber space or something. Heading there in the morning.

9. Member
    If anybody fishes the lower Roanoke the next couple of days can you let us know if the creeks are all muddy? Going Sat and need to map out where to go! Thanks.

10. Member
    I would anticipate lots of mud. Eastern NC ahs been pounded with rain the past two days and they are calling for more large storms tomorrow. With that being said, I'll be there Saturday as well.

11. Member
    I’m going tomorrow and Sunday.gonna fish Jeffery Davis’ tournament Sunday.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmit21 View Post
    I would anticipate lots of mud. Eastern NC ahs been pounded with rain the past two days and they are calling for more large storms tomorrow. With that being said, I'll be there Saturday as well.
    I am hoping due to it being dry that it is not as muddy as one would expect but hey - can't pick the weather only the day. Just go!