Trailer Hub Replacement Need Help from some Ranger Owners

Good Day All!

I have a new to me 2001 520DVX with 2001 Tandem Ranger Trail trailer. Towing to the lake last Sunday I lost a bearing. I have done some research on the boards here and discovered my trailer was originally a Cool Hub that has been converted over the years to Greased Hubs. I had to flatbed tow home and trying to minimize down time "tis the season right!" I am hoping to buy 4 new hubs and replace in one shot and hoping for some direction on what hubs to buy. Brand and Size. It would be nice to tear it apart while having the parts to swap to get back on the water ASAP. We all know Ranger is not an option for anything quickly right now (I left my info waiting for call back from parts) so hoping this amazing community of Ranger owners can help a newbie out.

Model 520VX TA
    GAWR front and Rear 2300Lb
    VIN#4WRBD192511086605
    trailer.png

Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Look on the old hubs to find out the manufacturer,then order from them. Tie Down Engineering made lots of Ranger hubs,they are known as TDE.

4. Member
    Your trailer probably has UFP hubs. These hubs and parts can be found at Easternmarine.com. in Delaware.

5. Member
    I still run the cool hubs system on my 2001. Like anything they require maintenance and vigilance. I always carry a spare cool hub sleeve assembly’s dress oil with me when I travel. Keep your wheels clean and normally if you see some oil on your rim you know it’s time for service. Service generally means new inner bearing seal and new rubber o rings for the hub sleeve. However if I were to change I’d go to the vortex hubs. I prefer the old clear sight glass so I can visually check amount of oil and see if it gets cloudy. I’ve ordered parts from both the above referenced places, they are both great.