Thread: Startup logo

Startup logo

Bought a used carbon unit that seems to be fine. Just curious, when it boots up it displays a ranger 50th anniversary logo. Is there a way to remove this and replace with the factory carbon display when starting? Not a big deal...just curious how that logo is added to the units.

2. Member
    That requires work only a few certified dealers/ installers and Lowrance can do.

3. Member
    Anybody know a "certified dealer" in the US???

4. Member
    I too would like to have the startup screen changed on my unit. However I have yet to find someone that offers this service. I would love to know who the "Certified Dealers/Installers" are also. I don't care how much it costs, I just need to find out who does it?

Subscribed!

Rob

5. Member
    They get certified after they undergo Navico-training. Most dealers do not. I know of no list of dealers that are, perhaps a call to Lowrance could help you?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Does this help?

7. Member
    Check with Roy at:

https://www.wackyriggers.com/

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    Does this help?

No.

9. Member
    That's not it. Wallpaper has nothing to do with the startup logo.

10. Member
    PM me and I'll see if I can help. I worked with Lowrance on the Ballistic Boat integration and custom start up screen installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    That's not it. Wallpaper has nothing to do with the startup logo.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    Bought a used carbon unit that seems to be fine. Just curious, when it boots up it displays a ranger 50th anniversary logo. Is there a way to remove this and replace with the factory carbon display when starting? Not a big deal...just curious how that logo is added to the units.
    You need to buy a Ranger then the logo will match. Too much trouble to go with for the 2 seconds you see the logo. You have to reflash the entire depth finder so you definitely can screw it up if you pull off power or shut down the process prematurely (that is why Lowrance does not make this public).

12. Member
    Hey everyone that's following this thread, I just wanted you to know, I have connected with n texas basser and he has the fix for the startup screens to go back to stock. I works and it DID NOT BRICK OR FREEZE my unit. n texas basser is a great guy to talk with and really knowledgeable about what he's talking about. If you are looking at trying to remove a Lowrance startup screen that was put there by the manufacture, then he's your man!

Thanks Again!
    Rob

13. Member
    I would love to have the option to put my name and contact on the start up screen. Might slow down thieves.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

14. Member
    Keep in mind that if this is done by someone who are not certified to do it, the warranty on the unit goes away with the start-up logo. ;)

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeFanatic View Post
    I would love to have the option to put my name and contact on the start up screen. Might slow down thieves.
    I do not think theives will power it up to be sure it works before they steal it. They might steal it and not be able to sell it but from your aspect it is gone!