2021 Tracker Pro 170 - Adding a Trim Gauge?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board so this is my first post. I just purchased a 2021 Tracker Pro 170 and it doesn't have a trim gauge which has made take offs a little tricky because I can't really tell what position the motor is in. I wonder if it's something I'll just get used to over time and figure it out based on "feel". I've also wondered how hard it is to add a trim gauge to the console. I did a little investigation and I couldn't find the typical brown/white sender wire under the console so I think it would need a bit of wiring.

Anyone try adding a trim gauge on a newer boat? If so how did it go? Or is this something that a Tracker service center could add for me? I have no problem letting the pros worry about this one if I have to.

Just curious.

Thank you!
    -Gary

2. Member
    It is definitely something you can get used to by feel w/o the "NEED" for the gauge. Before take off trim down all the way, you will know by the sound the hydraulic pump makes. Once on plane its more about feel and RPM's.

On my 2011 PT175TF I removed the voltage gauge and put a trim gauge there. The brown/white stripe wire at the engine was a different color at the console, however I did the install a few years back and cant say for sure what color you should be looking for. Basically I pulled the cover back from both sides of the main harness at the engine (mine was a big round plug) I found the brown/white stripe pin on the engine side and made note of what color wire mates up with that pin leading toward the console.

Oh, and welcome to the group.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    I did this same procedure on an older 175TXW. There is a main harness plug in my motor that the wire colors changed from the colors coming off the trim sending unit. I had to pull the plug out so that I could see what pin on the opposite side the sending unit wires connected to, from there it was an easy install.

4. Member
    GaryT, follow this link and send Rhonda an email asking this same question, she will provide you with all of your options and a 10% discount on parts if you decide to buy a guage/accessories. She will know exactly what you need to put in a trim gauge and how to connect it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=904325
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP