Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre1 View Post
    That place is strange, river is flooded in Gadsden and above Minnesota Bend. Below the bend and down to the dam its low. I guess the water just piles up in that sharp turn.
    The bend is the ONLY reason there can be a 10 foot elevation difference in the River. I have lived about 3 miles from the bend all my life and it has always been like this. Feels weird as hell if you in a boat going upriver through the bend. You can feel the elevation change.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

2. Member
    Did they let them all launch their boats and then decide to cancel again, or did they not let them waste their time this go around?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre1 View Post
    That place is strange, river is flooded in Gadsden and above Minnesota Bend. Below the bend and down to the dam its low. I guess the water just piles up in that sharp turn.
    Yep, that is what happens on that lake.

4. Member
    move it to Weiss next lake above ,with no pratice

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    The bend is the ONLY reason there can be a 10 foot elevation difference in the River. I have lived about 3 miles from the bend all my life and it has always been like this. Feels weird as hell if you in a boat going upriver through the bend. You can feel the elevation change.
    I fished Neely quite a bit when I lived in Alabama. Caught some good fish there and had some good days. That rock wall in the bend was good to me some days. Kinda of a weird lake to me. A good map chip was very necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Seems like a glass half empty comment to make. On a more positive glass half full it gives him a better chance of actually fishing on Sunday in an Elite event

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12