2003 OX66 250 Vmax - Water Pump - OEM vs Sierra

I'm in the process of updating a low hour 2003 Triton TR22 with the OX66 250 Vmax. I plan on keeping this one for a while, so I'm going to invest a little time and money into getting it ready for round 2 of it's heyday. I think I'm going to use a complete kit with housing. I while back I read about a guy putting a new OEM impeller in and his pressure still seemed low, so he replaced it a second time with similar results. Then he replaced it with a Sierra impeller and the pressure was much better. He said the Sierra seemed to be of heavier construction and it took a little more muscle to get it into the housing. My thought in going with a full kit is that all parts in a kit should be built from the same spec's and should function properly as a system. Price difference is not enough to sway me one way or the other, so let me know your thoughts.

Updates done or will be completed shortly

The injectors have been to Brucato
    Removing lift pumps/filter canister on motor and bulb - New 50 micron clear/Carter 4594/10 micron with clear bowl/VST
    Bought LS1 pigtail to solder/heat shrink for NTK O2 sensor
    Chris Carson "Sport" reeds on lapped blocks
    VST system gone through and filters/screens replaced
    Poppett valve replaced
    "Dynamic Inlet Kit" updated water intakes
    Bob's Hydraulic Jack plate
    Croxton worked 25-T original prop
    New Yamaha Multi Function gauges & 2" Yamaha water pressure and electric water temp gauge
    New OEM Thermostats
    Fuel tank removed and cleaned by radiator shop
    All new fuel lines and clamps - per recommendations here.

2. Member
    I prefer the Yamaha water pump kit.