Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Had mine a year, absolutely love it. Did have trouble with the trim motor going out and having to be replaced but no other issues. My big z21 Nitro pops right up out the hole and runs 70-72 (not often with these gas prices) from the factory setup.

2. Member
    #2B686440

140 hours on my 200 HP ProXS 4 Stroke... Runs like new no issues.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    agree with the positive comments - 250hrs on mine (one of the first available) and she's bad...same two issues everyone else (oil leak on shaft & blew water pump gasket, otherwise good to go).
    Update - almost 400 hours on mine - getting real tired of running to the shop every week and waiting for backordered parts. very few guys have 400 hours on theirs and it would seem like the bulk of us that are pushing that threshold are starting to feel the pain points of "learning what will last and what won't." Had limited issues prior to 300 hours - been having issues all year this year, little items but getting old - waiting for a new throttle body now. It's gotten bad enough I am fearful of using it in a tournament right now until i get three consecutive trips out of it without any issues.

4. Member
    agree with the positive comments - 250hrs on mine (one of the first available) and she's bad...same two issues everyone else (oil leak on shaft & blew water pump gasket, otherwise good to go).
    Don did they take care of the oil leak and water pump gasket issue I just got my 250 pro xs a month ago ? So far love it over the 2S
    2017 521c 2022 Mercury ProXS 250 4S

Ordered my 250 Pro XS 13 months ago. Was supposed to be in this past month in May which would have been a year on order. My dealership is telling me now the computer is showing February 2023 but hopefully it comes earlier. Unfreaking believable!

Update - almost 400 hours on mine - getting real tired of running to the shop every week and waiting for backordered parts. very few guys have 400 hours on theirs and it would seem like the bulk of us that are pushing that threshold are starting to feel the pain points of "learning what will last and what won't." Had limited issues prior to 300 hours - been having issues all year this year, little items but getting old - waiting for a new throttle body now. It's gotten bad enough I am fearful of using it in a tournament right now until i get three consecutive trips out of it without any issues.
    Care to elaborate ?
    I'm getting close to 400 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    Ordered my 250 Pro XS 13 months ago. Was supposed to be in this past month in May which would have been a year on order. My dealership is telling me now the computer is showing February 2023 but hopefully it comes earlier. Unfreaking believable!
    I waited for 10 months on my new motor . >ANNOUNCEMENTS<, they found me a motor faster than anyone in my state of louisiana could . They were by far the cheapest quote that I got for the motor AND the extended warranty and were very pleasant to deal with .
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-15-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Care to elaborate ?
    I'm getting close to 400 hours.
    Somebody's had a rough run and likes to rant about it... not the first time, either. There's no magic clock lurking around yours, Mike.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    200 hrs on mine only issue has been water pump gasket blown twice. Other than that its been flawless.

10. Member
    Im on my second powerhead...first one went out at 50 hours....timing chain

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
    Don did they take care of the oil leak and water pump gasket issue I just got my 250 pro xs a month ago ? So far love it over the 2S
    I'm not Don but yes all were covered under warranty and timely repairs early on. Supply chain issues are the issue thats surfaced as of late for timely repairs. .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Somebody's had a rough run and likes to rant about it... not the first time, either. There's no magic clock lurking around yours, Mike.
    I'm not sure what Don is referencing here but when I'm asked about my experience I will give you my honest feedback. I shared @ 250 hours and now pushing 400hrs. I don't rant but I will share my experiences with those that ask. What I shared is exactly what I have dealt with. Boat still sitting waiting on parts, have lost roughly 2 months this year just sitting waiting for parts - ultimately supply chain issues trying to get the same parts hundreds of folks are or were waiting for also.

What I am also stating is that I definitely put more hours than the avg user annually and very few ppl have pushed 400 hours on their motor yet. I didn't intend to establish a clock for folks, merely that anyone with 400 hours on one of these have likely dealt with more issues just purely due to timing/wear&tear/recalls/bulletins/etc. Many of the guys with first generation units have same experience I have - mostly smaller issues that don't cause major damage or leave you stranded but with recent supply issues there is a lag on trying to get things squared away to clear alarms on the unit to run without concern. When you get it first you have to expect some of that. Still a good motor and glad I bought it. I will put it through its paces once it's back on the water and continue to share when people ask for feedback. Don't expect sugarcoat - just honest feedback.

13. Member
    I'm not Don but yes all were covered under warranty and timely repairs early on. Supply chain issues are the issue thats surfaced as of late for timely repairs. .
    I meant did Mercury fix this for future motors?
    2017 521c 2022 Mercury ProXS 250 4S

14. Member
    I've got around 180 hours on my 2020, haven't had any issues yet (almost scared to type this). Been great so far, and the startup sound is mean lol
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Only issue with mine at like 160 hours is the stupid shift actuator that took about 10 weeks to get and install.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

16. Member
    Just did my 400 hour service on my 2019 250 Pro Xs, ZERO Issues!
    RETIRED NAVY CWO4 SUBMARINER
    2019 Basscat Eyra

17. Member
    My comments about Mercury vs the others has always been "they all will have some issues, but the Merc is usually a simple part replacement that can be fixed quickly". The other mfg's seem to have more blown power heads. Now, that was before Covid messed up the supply chain for parts. I am always thankful when I don't need any service. I have the 8 year platinum plan, but it doesn't do any good if there is no replacement parts. I really like my 250 Pro XS 4 stroke. 220-230 hours I believe.

Couldnt be happier with mine, excellent performance, and really easy on fuel compared to my old 225 efi!

Buddy is at 670 hours....spark plugs have been replace. Thats it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    My comments about Mercury vs the others has always been "they all will have some issues, but the Merc is usually a simple part replacement that can be fixed quickly". The other mfg's seem to have more blown power heads. Now, that was before Covid messed up the supply chain for parts. I am always thankful when I don't need any service. I have the 8 year platinum plan, but it doesn't do any good if there is no replacement parts. I really like my 250 Pro XS 4 stroke. 220-230 hours I believe.
    If you think Mercury didn’t have their fair share of blown powerheads, you are drunk on the black Kool-Aid.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast