Thread: 250 SS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

250 SS

The more I read about these motors I am getting more and more interested. I am looking into re-powering my Phoenix 921. I am being quoted a 20 week lead time on the250 pro xs 4 stroke and it seems they are still working the bugs out on those engines. Are these Suzuki deliveries way out there as well? Plan on calling and get a quote and lead time. Just curious if yall might know if they backed up on delivery like everyone else. Thanks!

I just bought a used 2019 921 with a Suzuki 250ss

Nice! You will love the boat and it sounds like the Suzuki will be super dependable.

I came out of a 1998 stratos 201xl with a 1999 200hp Evenrude ficht. 1st time out with the new boat I had it at 70mph with a full tournament load and 2 people. Might go faster if I play with jackplate hight

That's pretty good!

6. Member
    It’s hard to say if Suzuki is backed up like Yamaha or not. The local Yamaha dealer in my area says that he can’t get a new Yamaha for the rest of the year and says that there is a few cargo ships full of marine stuff and will take a few months to get into the supply system and etc. You will have to call around for sure.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

7. Member
    We are a Suzuki dealer and the biggest issue has been the idiot California Gov closing the ports. All the suzuki's come in through there and it has hampered deliveries all year long. 150's are extremely hard to get this year. We have boats sitting for 4 months waiting on motors and told today it will be July at the earliest for them.

We mainly rig them all on Pontoon boats but the 250SS is the fastest 250 out of all of them on our Manitou boats. 55-56mph all day long. Mercury ProXS is the slowest. Which surprised me.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

That's shocking that the mercury would be slower. On a pheonix 921 I hit 70mph and am told by mercury guys they go faster but I rather have the reliability. Maybe it's a propping issue.

9. Member
    Best thing about them is easy maintenence. I changed the oil, plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, lower unit oil, and impeller this winter. Very easy to do. No special tools needed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ampdreamer1 View Post
    That's shocking that the mercury would be slower. On a pheonix 921 I hit 70mph and am told by mercury guys they go faster but I rather have the reliability. Maybe it's a propping issue.
    Nope. Our dealer and the factory (manitou) have tried all the mercury props (even the mercury racing division ones) and none have the top speed of the suzuki. Surprised us too! Heck we have one 25ft boat with a 400R that barely hits 60! Tried every prop mercury offers and manitou recommends. I think if mercury made a prop with more cup to it it would help considerably. But they dont really offer one.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EAnderson View Post
    We are a Suzuki dealer and the biggest issue has been the idiot California Gov closing the ports. All the suzuki's come in through there and it has hampered deliveries all year long. 150's are extremely hard to get this year. We have boats sitting for 4 months waiting on motors and told today it will be July at the earliest for them.

We mainly rig them all on Pontoon boats but the 250SS is the fastest 250 out of all of them on our Manitou boats. 55-56mph all day long. Mercury ProXS is the slowest. Which surprised me.
    There is a “dealer” Dossmarine who is saying over on THT that Suzuki is no longer supplying/making the 200/250SS.

Yet I can see that they are still listed as current models on Suzuki’s USA website.

Any thoughts on that?? Has that guy just got the current supply difficulties mixed up?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    There is a “dealer” Dossmarine who is saying over on THT that Suzuki is no longer supplying/making the 200/250SS.

Yet I can see that they are still listed as current models on Suzuki’s USA website.

Any thoughts on that?? Has that guy just got the current supply difficulties mixed up?
    There are rumors that Suzuki was about to come out with a new motor design to compete in the bass boat market. So maybe it could be true.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

13. Member
    Possibly, I was hoping that some of the Zuke dealers here might be able to throw some light on it.

We dont get the SS 200/250’s here in Australia, there just isnt the bassboat scene to justify bringing then in. Which is related of course to the fact that we just dont have the size and number of freshwater lakes and impoundments that are found in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

Can you post a link to where they said that? I was over there but couldn't fid anything.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

15. Member
    Our area TSM was in a couple months ago and he said the only thing changing for the 2022 models is the 350 is no longer a dual prop. They have went to a single prop on it now. Dual prop made for tremendous holeshot but top speed was terrible compared to other models.

He said the SS motors were designed with bassboats in mind with their different gear ratio LU's. I believe they added a 150SS to the 22 models as well. The only problem with the SS motors is they are not available in Digital for smart boat technology.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EAnderson View Post
    Our area TSM was in a couple months ago and he said the only thing changing for the 2022 models is the 350 is no longer a dual prop. They have went to a single prop on it now. Dual prop made for tremendous holeshot but top speed was terrible compared to other models.

He said the SS motors were designed with bassboats in mind with their different gear ratio LU's. I believe they added a 150SS to the 22 models as well. The only problem with the SS motors is they are not available in Digital for smart boat technology.
    Thanks for that info.

Maybe the dealer on THT was confused. Lets put it down to that.

When/where do Suzuki USA make announcements re the new year’s product lineup? Is there a particular major boatshow or event where this always happens?

17. Member
    I just got a '21 SS 200 for my Ranger, give Johnnie a call at 956-821-4731 and see if has still has the other 250 on hand.

Tell him Denny sent ya.

I submitted the online form to the Suzuki web site for a new motor quote over a week ago. Business must be great, I never received a reply. Same thing for the nearest Suzuki dealer.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

19. Member
    My guess would be Miami boat show.

Anyone going to the Classic in Texas? Suzuki has a spot reserved so maybe they will have some info then? The pros know about it as well as Andy at team marine so it can't be super secret.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast