Thread: Cracked Hull

Cracked Hull

I have a 2013 190 TX and I have a long (10+ inch) crack in my hull about four feet back from the bow of the boat. It's about a half inch off center of the hull on the port side. I didn't hit anything, no dents, gouges, or scratches. I'm the original owner and I'm reading that it would be covered under warranty. Dropped it off at BPS and praying for the best1 Have any of you had to file a warranty claim? If so, how did it go? I'll check back later for any responses. Thanks!

2. Member
    Wow, nice work finding it before any big catastrophe happened. Though I have no experience on a warrantee claim for my boat (knock on wood) I do hope that you get taken care of and I look forward in hearing good news about the boat and you get back on the water soon!

3. Member
    Sorry to hear of your hull troubles but please follow up with us on how tracker handles it for you. Best wishes.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    You did the best thing you could do...take it to them 1st. As soon as someone does any repair work, they are off the hook. No guarantees its going to work out and get fixed at no cost, or they fix it legit. But its not as easy for them to turn their back on you, yet. A stringer or stringers separated from the hull creating a weak spot. Good luck.

5. Member
    I had a buddy of mine look at it and he said that it is very very bad, almost to the point of no repair. He owns an aluminum manufacturing shop and manufactures everything you can imagine including parts for NASCAR and NASA. If Tracker doesn't take care of it, this guy has people that will make it better than new. I'll have to fork out a few $$$ but it will be worth it. The repair or replacement is in the hands of Tracker right now and I'm waiting to hear back from them. The service department said they have sent four boats back for replacement in the past four years. Could mine be number five? Right now, I'm sitting on pins and needles.

Please keep us updated. One reason I favor Ranger/Tracker/Triton is their warranty is the best in the industry. Let's see if they prove it.

Same thing happened to me. I hope your repair guy was better than mine. I finally got the hull replaced with a glass boat.
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Water Huff View Post
    Same thing happened to me. I hope your repair guy was better than mine. I finally got the hull replaced with a glass boat.
    Did Tracker send it out for repair? I'm still waiting on Tracker for there decision to repair or replace.

9. Member
    Follow
    1987 tracker TX17 full gut and rehab
    1975 Starcraft SS18 next in line for rehab

10. Member
    Still waiting!

11. Member
    Talked with BPS this morning. The shop that does the repairs for Tracker Marine is full but, when a spot opens up it will be inspected and a decision will be made to repair or replace. That's all I've got for now folks!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Talked with BPS this morning. The shop that does the repairs for Tracker Marine is full but, when a spot opens up it will be inspected and a decision will be made to repair or replace. That's all I've got for now folks!
    This is one heck of a wait you're having to deal with. I'd be losing my mind.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    This is one heck of a wait you're having to deal with. I'd be losing my mind.
    I'm going back tomorrow and see whats going on. Then, I'm going to go and talk to the guy that Tracker contracts out for repairs. Somebody has got to get this resolved so I guess its going to be me spearheading the project.