anyone fish Millie Lacs during the spawn?

Heading up that way in late May, will be there for about 5 days, fished there last June after the spawn,

2. Member
    Plenty of pressure. Just look for the masses of boats and get in line.

3. Member
    Going to try and make a couple day run up this week to Mille Lacs if the weather plays. Not sure if you’re already there and gone, if not, I’ll try to provide some feedback.
    BTW, you bring that bullet with you? Don’t get to see many around here. Also, your inbox is full
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    BTW, you bring that bullet with you? Don,t get to see many around here.
    I was wondering the same! I saw one on 94 East as I was heading west Friday morning. Looked black/gold? I know of just a couple others in MN other than mine...i'd never seen the boat Friday in the past.

5. Member
    Yes heading that way tomorrow will be there sometime Thursday, 2016 21 RDC with a 300XS Black Cherry and Red, staying at Women Lake, my Brother in law lives in Albany, my wife is from there, won't be any 90+ mph runs, not bringing that prop with me, I'll make some room in my inbox

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Yes heading that way tomorrow will be there sometime Thursday, 2016 21 RDC with a 300XS Black Cherry and Red, staying at Women Lake, my Brother in law lives in Albany, my wife is from there, won't be any 90+ mph runs, not bringing that prop with me, I'll make some room in my inbox
    From my time on Mille Lacs there is plenty of pasture for that pony to run free, unfortunately about 362 days are year it’s either under ice or too windy

Good luck, I rescheduled due to all the rain and wind that came in with this cold front... hopefully be heading there Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday after the holiday. Water temps have been climbing so fast around here I’m not even sure what to expect.
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

Crazy weather from 80s and high humidity to freeze warnings within 48 hrs.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

8. Member
    Smallies are on the beds.

9. Member
    Had a great trip, finally caught a 5 3/4lb Smallmouth of a bed, caught 2 more over 5lbs, most all of them off beds, if we had good weather every day, it would have been stupid

10. Member
    Ifit wasn't for the winters, I'd move up there for the Smallmouth!!

11. Member

You can catch them through the ice as well!

Up here they remain fairly active through the winter.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Had a great trip, finally caught a 5 3/4lb Smallmouth of a bed, caught 2 more over 5lbs, most all of them off beds, if we had good weather every day, it would have been stupid
    Good to hear you had a good trip, Mille Lacs can be really weather restricted. We just did a quick couple days and had pretty good weather. Never got anything over 5 but a good amount of 3-4’s every day. We fished a lot of sand/rock transitions in that first post spawn area. Water was 61-62 but will probably bump a couple degrees quickly with the heat that’s rolling in.

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar