Notifications on multiple units

I have 2 93sv UHD and 1 93 plus...they are all networked. Is it possible to have notifications show up on all 3, I can only get the plus to work. I did find out I connected the UHD ones wrong so that may be part of the problem...I have been doing a bit of research this morning but I find a definitive answer.

2. Member
    I have a Echomap Ultra126sv and an Echomap Ultra 106sv networked and my notifications only show on one unit as well (both enabled) ... I could use some tips on this also.

3. Member
    In order to do notifications, bluetooth has to be turned on. So, I think that notifications are performed using bluetooth, not WiFi. Bluetooth only has the capability to pair with two devices. When you try to do multiple pairings, only the last pairing is in use.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I know before that it used to share to both units. Several updates ago, they changed stuff with the wifi, AC, etc. I havent been able to see that sharing of notifications. If i dont forget i'll play with it in the shop this weekend and see if its still the same.

On version 12.00 this was the change "Networked units share a single Wi-Fi access point for interfacing with ActiveCaptain and Wi-Fi peripherals". So you have to make one unit the main Wifi point and i think that will also needs to be the main AC unit. So your phone has to be connected to that one unit that is using AC and from there it would send the notifications over the network and that would be ethernet. Or at least that's what i think.

Im no expert in any way on this so if im totally wrong, someone correct me on this.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Jeremy, you are absolutely correct. It can be done over WiFi or ethernet. The ordinary texts and notifications you get on your phone are network communications, not bluetooth. . So they could easily do it in software and they may have already. We call it bridging when we take data from one network and circulate it on another. I'd like for Garmin to do more bridging. They could bridge the NMEA data too. When I'm fishing I generally have the bluetooth turned off. The notifications I get from my phone are annoying enough.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    This is my thinking - bluetooth is "connected" to the units via AC app on the phone. Since the phone is connected to the unit via WiFi, that is how the notification is "sent" to the unit.

Now here is my question on this subject and how mine is setup: If the "master" unit (console) is setup for the Wifi access point and its in sleep mode would it still send the notification to the "slave" unit (bow). Last few times i was out, it didnt do it unless my phone didnt connect to it like i thought. That's something else i could look into this weekend.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Alright, did a quick test: 126 on console (AC thru this unit), 106/93 on bow. Turned all on, put AC on all 3 screens. Opened app on phone, connected to the 126. All 3 units showed that the AC Community was updating, so i know that worked and AC was all synched thru the 126. Did both test email and text message, both showed message notification on 126 but nothing showed up on the 2 bow units.

As I stated previously, it used to work but not sure what happened or if they did away with it sharing messages across the network.

I'm gonna send support an email and see what they say.

8. Member
    Thanks for the update.. ...

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I sent support a message on Saturday about this. Will post response when i get it..

10. Member
    On active captain click sync with plotters then view paired devices, I have a 106 and 2 93uhds and get notifications on all thru Bluetooth, I have all the latest updates as well.
    2014 Skeeter ZX200 w/ 200 YamahaSHO

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So are you saying that you paired EACH unit with the AC app?? Also, do you have an AC card in each unit??"

12. Member
    Have the AC card in the 106, all units networked thru a gms10 but have each unit paired to AC via Bluetooth.

13. Member
    Double check your setup. Go into the settings on one unit and turn bluetooth off. Then go look on a different unit and see if bluetooth is on or off.

14. Member

15. Member
    Following

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landers52x View Post
    Thanks.....on Saturday i made sure the notifications were on on all units but did NOT pair them with the phone, only the "host" unit. I'll repair the other units and try it out again this weekend.

Thanks for the info.

Got a response back from Garmin:

"This feature is by design. Echomap devices connected via marine network, only the "Wi-fi Host" device will display notifications and messages."

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well, it must be the phone....I'm using a Samsung S9 and it will not allow me to pair all 3 thru the AC app. Now I did do it thru blue tooth direct to phone, it shows on the unit that it's connected to phone but still don't get the notifications.

I also put in another AC card for other unit to see if that would help but they ended up canceling each other out to where it wouldnt connect to the app and not get notifications.

When i get a chance, i'll take my wife's Iphone and try it out with the AC app to see if works like Landers. In the mean time i'll just have to change WIFI to the bow unit if i want to see notifications while fishing.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 05-18-2021 at 09:38 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well, it must be the phone....I'm using a Samsung S9 and it will not allow me to pair all 3 thru the AC app.
    I have a S9 as well. I did just upgrade. I will post back when my new phone gets here, if that was the issue

19. Member
    Update.. I still cant pair more than one unit with an S21.