Falls Lake Questions

Trying to get out of my comfort zone and fish new waters. Despite living here for a bazillion years I've never fished Falls. Planning on going Friday and putting in at Barton's Creek. From what I can see online looks to be a decent ramp. Planning on fishing the lower half (lest one of you want to clue me in on a really good spot, lol). Biggest questions I've got is, are there any hazards I should be aware of, i.e. submerged timber, etc?...and, any issues with the ramp or a suggestion of a better ramp? I'm coming from Fayetteville. Thanks.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Bartons is a good ramp. 4 lanes and all of it just got repaved. There are some places to be careful around, most are marked with a "danger" buoy. When you leave out of the ramp there is some submerged timber just as you make your way to the main lake, there are buoys on your right side so hang to the left a bit.
    2B576211

Upper Bartons is a good ramp and gives you good access to the whole lake, closer to the lower but not to long of a ride to the upper part. If you go behind the bridge at Upper or Lower there is standing timber that you CAN'T see much of so be careful. Going out of Upper Bartons there are some danger bouts on the right that you have to go around but the main lake is fairly easy to run.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Thanks all. Appreciate the heads up.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I've learned to be careful about running too close to shore. Some of the points extend a long way out and you can go from 20' deep to 1 or 2 feet in a heart beat.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Thanks again. I'll be heading out there in the morning. I'll report back on how I do.
    2016 Nitro Z21

7. Member
    Above HWY 50, more specifically above the narrow cut through just south and west of Ledge (Rock) Creek is where you need to be careful. The rest of the lake is pretty easy to navigate without much worry unless water level drops below (<247-8ish). As for standing timber, the only areas with much of that around are behind the bridge at Upper Barton Creek, behind the bridge at Lower Barton Creek and in front of and behind the bridge towards the back of New Light Creek none of which you would be running around on plane anyways. Hope that helps.

8. Member
    if you put in on weekend at upper barton is a night mare getting out count on sometimes a hour . lower end gets choppy after 9 am when the flotilla arrives

9. Banned
    As the Carolina cowboy1 stated, when you go thru that narrow gap headed up to 85 you run the gauntlet for sure. The “S” curves and New Light creek is a good area. Lots of good spots from Barton creek ramp up to the dam also. Good luck.

I am relatively new to Falls, is there any areas where there is grass?
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

So I spent about 5 hours this morning out there. Having never been, I couldn't be disappointed, I had a a few bumps on a spinnerbait. Ended up picking up 3 on senkos. Biggest was about 2.5 lbs. I'll definitely go back again, but will probably stick to weekday fishing vs weekend fishing. I could see the problems getting in and out of there with heavier traffic.
    2016 Nitro Z21

12. Banned
    Amen to that brother. Do not go on the weekends myself unless the water is too cold or temps to chilly for the joy riders and the rest. Caught my biggest today at 9:25am and it was surely down hill after that for size. Good luck when you go back.

Ledge Rock is much better if you have to go on the weekend when the weather is nice enough for pleasure boaters. Once they show up at Barton around lunch time it gets jammed up really bad.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I've been looking at other areas to explore for my next trip out there. This time out I just hit a few major points and went into a few creek areas, stayed on the lower end. Probably won't be this weekend though. I have every other Friday off with my job, so this weekend will probably be Jordan or Harris. This time of the year I usually hit it about 0530 and fish until about 1100 or so, or until the wake boats and jet skis start annoying me. I try to leave before all the pleasure boaters get out there.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    I've been looking at other areas to explore for my next trip out there. This time out I just hit a few major points and went into a few creek areas, stayed on the lower end. Probably won't be this weekend though. I have every other Friday off with my job, so this weekend will probably be Jordan or Harris. This time of the year I usually hit it about 0530 and fish until about 1100 or so, or until the wake boats and jet skis start annoying me. I try to leave before all the pleasure boaters get out there.
    That's about all you can do. Before I started tournament fishing, I head to Harris an hour before sunrise and had some great morning in the grass. Now I am retired and can go anything I want and I've been once, LOL. Building a new house does that to you.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow