Thread: Two livescopes?

Two livescopes?

Hello I知 considering running two livescopes, one mounted perspective one mounted forward. I think it could improve lots of stuff for me given I can see the structure quickly and the fish then see where in the water column they are sitting. Has anyone done this? Worried about interference and power issues. I would trolling motor mount both I think. Also I知 a bit worried about power draw. I知 running a 100ah agm with a powerpole charge, 3 8610xsv痴 and would add both livescopes to this. Think I need more power here? Thanks everyone

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I know a couple of guys doing this with zero issues! I think you might sneak by with the charge, but I would be prepared to add another battery just for the two black boxes.
    Last edited by shooter64; 05-05-2021 at 09:23 AM. Reason: additional info

3. Member
    What are your size recommendations on batteries for just the two boxes. I actually have 2 10ah lithium’s I could link together but might be small

4. Member
    I ran 2 LS's for the first time this past weekend. One was in forward view on a Livescanner pole and a 7610XSV with the other LS mounted on the TM connected to a 93 Echo Plus in perspective. Was pleasantly surprised as the perspective view on the 93 was really good and had a nice view of the underwater structure all around me reducing the amount of forward view scanning I used to do. Switched them around briefly but I prefer forward view on the 10" screen. The forward view on the Livescanner pole was really nice when spot locked and perspective on the TM while spot locked was still beneficial. I have 3 Garmin 93+, a 7610, 2 LS's, a PS30 Panoptix transducer, a GVC20 box with the new UHD GT36 transducer along with the livescanner pole on a separate group 31 battery. I ran all of it a little over 6 hours last Saturday and was at 12.0v at the end of the day. I don't have 3 GPS MAP units as above, but still have a fair share of electronics running on a separate battery. My TM is on separate batteries and the outboard on it's own cranking battery. I didn't notice any interference from running the 2 LS's.

5. Member
    I have 2 mounted on my trolling motor.

You see the Pulse across the screens if you have some of the settings turned up too high with some small adjustments the pulses are minimized and you can still see the detail that you want to see but honestly the pulses don’t really cause any problem with seeing even when they are running at Max.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    I have 2 mounted on my trolling motor.

You see the Pulse across the screens if you have some of the settings turned up too high with some small adjustments the pulses are minimized and you can still see the detail that you want to see but honestly the pulses don’t really cause any problem with seeing even when they are running at Max.
    I briefly saw what I would call a pulse as you described on the lower part of the 7610 screen on forward view when I first went out. I ended up lowering the settings right away as I had a faint image of the ghost tree for the first time. I used a non-canted transducer mount on the Livescanner pole and figured the ghost tree and pulse were due to feedback in the shallow flowage I fish. I plan on putting the canted mount on the pole prior to going out this Saturday and I will have to see if the pulse returns when I bump the settings back up. It didn't bother me as it was at the bottom of the screen in just one area. Just thought it was due to feedback and not interference with the perspective LS. Something to keep in mind this weekend.