Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’ve got the new update and it fixed the issue my my force. I never had the extreme distance backup but it did go backwards. It still does a bit but I have no complaints

2. Member
    I was on the water with mine last night after an update. It calmed that sucker WAY down. It faced me into the wind last night and held firm for an hour solid and hardly moved at all. I was very pleased and when it does move it's slow and not crazy like it was. I'm very very happy with the latest update for sure

Just spent 6 hours on the water. Its much inproved over were i started. Still have no idea why it goes backwards everytime. Next software update?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Just spent 6 hours on the water. Its much inproved over were i started. Still have no idea why it goes backwards everytime. Next software update?
    It seemed to me that mine only went backwards if I was moving forward when I hit the lock. Like it was programed to stop the forward motion of the boat but then continue backwards past the lock point before it would return in the forward direction to the lock point. If I was perfectly still, it would not auto reverse.

Is yours still auto reversing when a lock is initiated while the boat is not moving at all? Dang it!
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    It seemed to me that mine only went backwards if I was moving forward when I hit the lock. Like it was programed to stop the forward motion of the boat but then continue backwards past the lock point before it would return in the forward direction to the lock point. If I was perfectly still, it would not auto reverse.

Is yours still auto reversing when a lock is initiated while the boat is not moving at all? Dang it!
    Still goes backwards from a dead stop. Having said that it just moves a few feet not 10, 20 or 30. My last Ultrex functioned better in this regard.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Ran with the new update this morning. Only minimal use of anchor lock, but it seemed to work well.

7. Member
    My ultrex does this. My remedy is after hitting spotlock hit+2 times on your remote and it will hold right there.

8. Member
    Any more news on this? I'm just looking for solid confirmation the software update solved most of the issues before I go buy one next week.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBass View Post
    Any more news on this? I'm just looking for solid confirmation the software update solved most of the issues before I go buy one next week.
    I just got my new boat with the Force on it and it's much improved over the Force I had on my old boat. I wouldn't be afraid to make the purchase as long as your buying from a dealer that moves inventory so your not getting old stock that's been sitting around (so your not getting an older unit)
    Last edited by Koma; 07-15-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBass View Post
    I can't give you "solid confirmation" that the problems some of us have had have been resolved by the latest update. I want to believe that is so but I have only had a short time on the water with it since updating the unit. It seemed much better but I did run it through a couple of the tech suggested tests prior to the update and it performed those tests "OK". Yet, in real life fishing situations, it had significant issues. So, while it seems much improved, I will have to put a lot more time on it to be confident that the issues have been resolved.

I did post a few videos of my Force in anchor lock after the latest update 4.0. Looking at those, you might think all is good... but time will tell.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

11. Member
    I just pulled the trigger. Ordered one from https://www.mygreenoutdoors.com, I'm hoping their stock is pretty fresh.

Put new update in mine way better. Wouldn’t trade for anything out there right now

13. Member
    I still think that part of this problem has to be more than just software related. If you consider that not all Force units had this issue, yet all use common software, it seems logical that some piece of hardware in the Force is not operating correctly in the units experiencing this issue. It follows then that the software updates which have been introduced were designed to compensate for the problem. It leaves me wondering if the Force motors which had the backup issues operate as well as the ones that never had the problem in the first place. I am not saying that there was no room for software improvements across all units. Of course, I could just be totally off base with this perspective.

14. Member
    Just read all the posts and I’m questioning whether I’m going to keep this trolling motor long term.

I got a brand new Force in July 2021 and it’s running software 4.0 - still have the reversing issue which is so ridiculously dangerous.

As for the remote control, the lag on the remote control is terrible. Plus, the head rotation speed when steering with the remote control is painful. I’ve come from a Minn Kota Terrova and so far, I almost prefer the Terrova which was half of the cost of a Force.

I’m not sure if I’d recommend a Force to anyone at this point, especially if they like using the remote control and spot lock.

I really hope Garmin don’t ignore these issues.

15. Member
    You never mentioned calling Tech Support about this. This board is good, but if you think you really have a problem you ought to be dealing with Tech Support. Reports so far have been good about them dealing with any hardware issues. 800-800-1020.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaumov View Post
    Just read all the posts and I’m questioning whether I’m going to keep this trolling motor long term.

I got a brand new Force in July 2021 and it’s running software 4.0 - still have the reversing issue which is so ridiculously dangerous.

As for the remote control, the lag on the remote control is terrible. Plus, the head rotation speed when steering with the remote control is painful. I’ve come from a Minn Kota Terrova and so far, I almost prefer the Terrova which was half of the cost of a Force.

I’m not sure if I’d recommend a Force to anyone at this point, especially if they like using the remote control and spot lock.

I really hope Garmin don’t ignore these issues.
    I am also still experiencing the back up issue while running the 4.0 software. Last trip out in fairly heavy wind it was a real problem.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    As said I double tap my ultrex it has a jog function on the remote.If Iam going say on 6-9 and hit spot lock it will run backwards hard and than run forward hard that’s why I double tap it .Don’t know if this is the same problem as garmin as Iam really want one but just waiting.

18. Member
    Mine does the same thing and now that i think about it the graph i use active captain on in my console graph, which i run 2 126sv's and 2 122sv's 1 of each on console and bow. So i wonder the same if it is taking me back to the console, i may swap it to the bow and see if it changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonh36898 View Post
    Mine does the same thing and now that i think about it the graph i use active captain on in my console graph, which i run 2 126sv's and 2 122sv's 1 of each on console and bow. So i wonder the same if it is taking me back to the console, i may swap it to the bow and see if it changes anything.
    The TM does not use your MFD’s for its location. Gps is built into the TM.

20. Member
    Bumping this thread... how is the motor performing? Looks like another software update 4.10 just came out.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast