Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    That answers one of my questions. There is a gain adjustment. Might try that. On my MK for instance having the gain(called boat size setting) too high causes over correction which begets more over correction! It affects all types of TM navigation including Spotlock. Not sure that solves the reverse on spotlock. But might be something to try. Bob
    For those of us who have this problem I would bet money every single one has recalibrated and reset the bow offset numerous times and set the sensitivty to a 1. This is a software issue and I hope Garmin is working on a fix.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    Just a suggestion. I had not seen it mentioned. I will try to keep my yap shut while I learn. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    when i recalibrate and turn the gain down to 1 it helps once it's locked in to not me moving around so much but it sure don't help the 4 foot back up when you hit the button. It's frustrating when you come up to a brush pile, get within flipping distance and hit the button, then the damn thing takes you backwards 4 feet and the wash out from the prop doing so blows the damn brush pile out too

4. Member
    This problem is deeper than it at first appears. The Force going in reverse is an ancient way of referring to the Dark side. This has been more recently revealed as Sith magic. Let me guess, this first happened on the 4th of May. The Sith love to mock our annual celebration of the Jedi religion.

The answer is simple. A phaser torpedo blast needs to be directly aimed deep within your engine reactor. When this is completed, obtain a saltwater version MotorGuide. These are white and should be less susceptible to Sith influence.

Welcome, you are.

About backed into the rocks again today. Goodnews is Garmin support reached out to me. I sent them a short video. They are sending me a new TM once they get some in stock.
    I hope this new TM is the fix.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Even if it is not that is a heck of generous deal. Good for you and hurray for Garmin! Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    Mine will back up but the other day I was locked on a point it was blowing white caps I wanted to move so I hit off and drifted across point then hit spot it didn't back up at all just stopped me so mine doesn't do it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    About backed into the rocks again today. Goodnews is Garmin support reached out to me. I sent them a short video. They are sending me a new TM once they get some in stock.
    I hope this new TM is the fix.
    Good news, I guess?

Not sure a new TM won't have the same problem. And if it does fix it, what will that mean for everyone else with the same problem. Will they replace all of our "bad" units? Will they do a recall? (rhetorical questions). I would have liked to have seen a better fix than replacing the entire thing. Something like a software update or a end-user part replacement.

I guess I need to make a video of my spotless G2 getting trashed by my wayward Garmin Force.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Gain all the way down to 1, still does the "Hunting" head rotates all the way around very slowly, then spins back to original direction very quickly. This continues off and on while in anchor lock.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Homan View Post
    Gain all the way down to 1, still does the "Hunting" head rotates all the way around very slowly, then spins back to original direction very quickly. This continues off and on while in anchor lock.
    Mine does the same. So distracting and obnoxious at times that I have to disengage the spot lock and just fish old school.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

You guys might be right. I will think about selling the new TM and going back to the Ultrex or Lowrance.

12. Member
    Had a Force on the old boat and ordered one on the new boat, the old one did the same thing everyone else is describing...over all I still think it’s the best option for me, at least until power pole decides to release their new TM
    Last edited by Koma; 05-14-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

13. Member
    If anyone can fix it Garmin can I would think. They seem to listen to people and are very helpful. I know this has gone on since day one but I believe they will make it better. Makes it a pain in the rump to run livescope on your trolling motor sometimes though.

So I guess the the million dollar question is Do all Force trolling motors do this? Or is it a small percentage that do?

15. Member
    Mine does it as well. I also believe its a software issue. If so then they are all doing it. Some people might not notice it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    If anyone can fix it Garmin can I would think. They seem to listen to people and are very helpful. I know this has gone on since day one but I believe they will make it better. Makes it a pain in the rump to run livescope on your trolling motor sometimes though.
    I know it may generate a lot of responses, but does anyone NOT have this problem. The new Force is arriving Monday. After a ~2+ month wait, now debating selling it (in box) and going Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by cldtx View Post
    I know it may generate a lot of responses, but does anyone NOT have this problem. The new Force is arriving Monday. After a ~2+ month wait, now debating selling it (in box) and going Ultrex.
    Might want to start a new tread for that question. I would like to know the answer to that as well.

18. Member
    I went out again today and was just drifting in a slight breeze trying to stay off motor when I caught a fish I locked and had zero reverse mine only does it when I'm moving forward if drifting or getting pushed by white caps it locks with zero reverse , how about trying trolling in reverse then locking see if you go forward, sometime it seems like its so precise locking that its like 1' passed the spot and it will reverse you hard then straight n out ,if when it did reverse it would do it in 10% instead of 60%
    I will say I like mine I've had my share of trouble and Garmin has treated me well always helpful
    Last edited by 2dwoods; 05-16-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I went out again today and was just drifting in a slight breeze trying to stay off motor when I caught a fish I locked and had zero reverse mine only does it when I'm moving forward if drifting or getting pushed by white caps it locks with zero reverse , how about trying trolling in reverse then locking see if you go forward, sometime it seems like its so precise locking that its like 1' passed the spot and it will reverse you hard then straight n out ,if when it did reverse it would do it in 10% instead of 60%
    I will say I like mine I've had my share of trouble and Garmin has treated me well always helpful
    Yours sounds like it works. If I move in reverse and engage anchor lock i keep going backwards then the TM will go forward back to the spot. Crazy!

20. Member
    Also know that too low of a gain will let you move off your spot as well in a breeze or current. Mine too does the dreaded "super reverse" . I've had mine since September 19 and sometimes it seems to act great and others it will decide it "left something back there" :)
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast