Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Char-Griller Charcoal Gravity

Anyone look into these yet? Pretty new, I'm assuming there isn't many that have actually tried one yet. I'm intrigued by it for sure.

https://www.chargriller.com/products...charcoal-grill

2. Member
    Do some research..... I read where these are not reliable and do not stand up very well. Maybe they have improved. It has been a while since I researched, but after I did I lost interest. This may be an improved model.

3. Member
    This is NOT the one I researched. Actually this one looks pretty darn good! Now you got me thinking! Lol ��

4. Member
    I have the master built gravity 1050 and love it it’s awesome

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    This is NOT the one I researched. Actually this one looks pretty darn good! Now you got me thinking! Lol ��
    That's what I'm saying!!! I think it's pretty cool. I've got a Char-griller plain gas grill and the new griddle. Love them both.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassinloose View Post
    I have the master built gravity 1050 and love it it’s awesome
    That one looks really nice too. How quickly does it run through coals? I grill quite a bit, just curious.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    That one looks really nice too. How quickly does it run through coals? I grill quite a bit, just curious.
    I think the book claims it will burn for 8 to 10 hours at 250 I think it’s closer to 7. I also think it burns more because of shut down time. But you can set at temp and walk away and watch everything from your cell including four probes. You can adjust and change setting too.
    easy clean up. I love it. It’s only my wife and I now so I was not smoking much anymore do to size of my smoker. She bought this for me as gift because I would not. She was right. I can smoke a single pork chop or 3 whole butts.

lets eat

8. Member
    Well, I ordered the char griller 980 gravity feed. Shows it will show up on the 17th, once I get a chance to use it I will post a review.

9. Member
    Well, I ordered the char griller 980 gravity feed. Shows it will show up on the 17th, once I get a chance to use it I will post a review.
    MY MAN!!!! That's awesome, really looking forward to your review.

I BELIEVE!!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybfishing View Post
    sorry guys - I just received the grill yesterday. I spent the morning putting it together in the afternoon burning it in and seasoning it. I bought a pork butt which is now rubbed down and waiting. I plan on putting it on this evening and letting it go overnight. I will tell you after putting it together it is a beast, very heavy and seems to be well-made. At first the assembly seem like it would be overwhelming, but really it’s pretty straightforward and not bad. Good thing about it is you know every inch of your grill and how it works. During the burn in I brought it to 250°, and 350°, then all the way to 650°. The temperature raises quickly and seems to hold very well. After that I rubbed everything down with olive oil, and I mean everything. I brought it to 350° and let it go for two hours, it held temperature perfect. So now tonight will be the first real cook and I will definitely report. Last thing I will mention, it seems to be very good with the fuel burning, did not hardly have any ash at all after the burn in and seasoning. I’m pretty excited about it, after all the YouTube's I watched I felt like I knew the grill before I even got it.

12. Member

13. Member
    Not sure why the picture posted is sideways, maybe a mod can fix it I don’t know. Is irritating it post that way. Anyway, got the pork butt on just enjoying sitting out here and relaxing.

14. Member
    Great.... now I'm going to spend my entire day hitting refresh for pork pictures......

Thing looks awesome. You may have just cost me 600$

Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    Great.... now I'm going to spend my entire day hitting refresh for pork pictures......

Thing looks awesome. You may have just cost me 600$
    +1
    I BELIEVE!!!!

16. Member
    15 hours in, majority of the cook was at 230°, after about 12 hours I bumped it to 240°. Right now sitting at internal temperature of 187°. I check the probe that came with the grill against my Thermo pen, when the grill probe showed 185, my Thermo pen showed 184.8, so I am impressed with the supplied probe as well. It’s about a eight pound pork butt, and normally it’s about two hours a pound so everything is making perfect sense at this point. I will take a picture of the finished product. Hopefully will reach 203° in the next hour or so, then I will wrap it and let it sit for another 45 minutes or so before I pull it apart. Mmmmmm

edit: I will add it looks like with a low and slow cook like I’m doing, I’ll get about 15 hours worth of fuel (briquettes) in the hopper.

17. Member
    There is absolutely no need to add wood to the fire box with the charcoal, just drop chunks of wood in the ashtray and it smokes perfectly. You can put in as little or as much as you want, I used pecan, and it did a perfect sweet smelling light smoke, if you want more smoke simply add more wood. I really like this cooker. This pork butt is absolutely delicious and very moist. I never wrapped the entire cook.... once it hit 203 internal temperature I then wrapped in tinfoil for 45 minutes before pulling it. No regrets here.

18. Member
    Whoa buddy!!!!! Done deal now, I have to get one!!!

19. Member
    F1E0BD92-BEC0-40AF-AA95-A328CDA68B58.jpeg
    bugers last evening..... baby backs later today...... so far I love the even heat distribution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast