Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looks tasty!!
    I BELIEVE!!!!

2. Member
    Traveling through two cities this weekend that have the Masterbuilt 800 in stock at Academy. Hmmmm

3. Member
    I've always used B&B lump charcoal in the egg and the PK. it's good stuff. I've never tried their briquettes, but I have used their pellets which burn clean too.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    i’m still experimenting on briquettes, my only rule is I want 100% natural, no additives. The B&B seem to burn the longest, and after doing quite a bit of research they come highly recommended in most cases. I don’t have a real answer, I have ran Kingsford through it with no problem but I think they burn faster. I have not tried lump, although they claim you can, it just seems to me uniform pieces will burn more evenly in a gravity fed. I would watch some YouTube videos on this grill before purchasing to make sure it’s what you want. Most reviews I see are very positive, but there are a couple out there that were not happy. So far I’ve been very happy, I really like the set it and forget it option. The only thing I’ve noticed is when I set the temperature it might run past by -15°, so I set it a little bit less than I want, and then set it to where I want once it settles down. It’s not a big deal, it cools down pretty quickly anyway.

4. Member
    Sounds great. I have a question. Does it use all the charcoal you load into the hopper? I wondered if you load the hopper but don't need that much charcoal to do the job, is there a way it saves the coals when you turn it off?
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletTJ View Post
    Sounds great. I have a question. Does it use all the charcoal you load into the hopper? I wondered if you load the hopper but don't need that much charcoal to do the job, is there a way it saves the coals when you turn it off?
    when you’re done cooking and shut the grill off, you close everything up and it’s snuffs out the coals by cutting off all air … the coals you did not use remain in the hopper for the next cook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123