Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was talking to a buddy of mine and found out he was the one that got cut at the river ramp in Bedford earlier this spring. The scumbag cut his transmission lines in the process and the tranny got cooked while driving home.

I was at that ramp Wednesday night and the CO showed up. Talked to him for awhile and he said he is making frequent stops at all the ramps just checking on things and being seen.

2. Member
    Large ring has been arrested for cat thefts.
    Was it all the people doing it? Will take time to see if it still happens.
    But it was the major ring of thief’s.

Not saying this is right in any way, but catalytic converter theft will probably stop for a while in this area.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/...252105918.html
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    This week,,one was stolen off a church vehicle outside Bedford and another one stolen at Spring Mill St. Park. This is bs.

My question is where are they selling these things? I would think a reputable scrap business should be a little suspicious of someone showing up with a pickup bed full of catalytic converters for sale.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    My question is where are they selling these things? I would think a reputable scrap business should be a little suspicious of someone showing up with a pickup bed full of catalytic converters for sale.
    The two scrap yards in Bedford will not buy CC's. My neighbor that is investigating all of these thefts told me there is a yard in Columbus that is buying all of the CC's.

7. Member
    The only way this will stop is if there is no longer a market.. Similarly, the utility industry has people stealing aluminum and copper all the time. Many get electrocuted climbing after it, but that doesn't seem to stop them.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    The two scrap yards in Bedford will not buy CC's. My neighbor that is investigating all of these thefts told me there is a yard in Columbus that is buying all of the CC's.
    The largest salvage yard in Columbus is a couple blocks from where I'm sitting,. Kroot is the name, been in business over 100 years and very particular about what they buy and the place is huge. Anyone they buy from has to present a valid driver's license which they copy and attach to an invoice of what type of metal you're selling them. I highly doubt it's them but the other 2 places in the county are really small and ones pretty shady. I think they'd buy a cc even if they watched you cut it off someone's vehicle. I'm curious if you've heard the name of the salvage yard.
    Last edited by skeeterator; 06-17-2021 at 02:12 PM.

9. Member
    There are a few places in Edinburgh that don't require any info. At least they didn't in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    The largest salvage yard in Columbus is a couple blocks from where I'm sitting,. Kroot is the name, been in business over 100 years and very particular about what they buy and the place is huge. Anyone they buy from has to present a valid driver's license which they copy and attach to an invoice of what type of metal you're selling them. I highly doubt it's them but the other 2 places in the county are really small and ones pretty shady. I think they'd buy a cc even if they watched you cut it off someone's vehicle. I'm curious if you've heard the name of the salvage yard.
    I'll ask my neighbor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12