Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Agree with what everyone else said on the pros, P2 is a fantastic boat. There is one con that I had with mine. The opening/lid for the rigging compartment is small and it is very tough to work in there especially off towards either side. Even just getting a group 31 down through the opening is a chore. My compartment was full though with 3 batteries, oil tank, power pole pumps (and I had the PP wave pack cylinders). I pulled my charger and made it non on-board with some connectors.
    This! If there were a con, this is it. Its the same size on a Sabre.
    If there were a change needed on the PII, this would be it. Not sure if its possible with the current design. Im not a big guy, but could see where it could be tough on someone that is.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    This! If there were a con, this is it. Its the same size on a Sabre.
    If there were a change needed on the PII, this would be it. Not sure if its possible with the current design. Im not a big guy, but could see where it could be tough on someone that is.

Don
    Glad I will not be having to water batteries anymore or have an oil tank. I'll just need to be able to reach the switches I am putting on my TM batteries.

To be fair, the P2 is a little larger hatch lid than a Sabre FTD.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    To be fair, the P2 is a little larger hatch lid than a Sabre FTD.
    I apologize if I was incorrect. My previous boat was a Sabre FTD and seemed pretty identical.
    Maybe I have gained weight since the Sabre.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Agree on the lid size on the rigging compartment. Just changed out all 3 batteries, tight but doable. Maybe removable lid is an option there? Coming out the Ranger, front deck width & the forward foot pedal for the TM may be an adjustment. Once you get used to the pedal location, most really like it. Still very happy with my paid for ‘13 PII & it backs straight into my garage.

6. Member
    Rock Outdoors in Lexington NC has a Beautiful silver and blue PII available

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

the only down side is the front deck is narrower than the 20 foot models. Not an issue, but maybe an adjustment.
    Just to expand this a bit, the very front is different from not only the bigger boats, but also the Margay and Classic. A few aspects surprised me in a negative way. The TM slot is so far forward that you cannot have your two feet side by side while using the TM. The flat edge used for buoy storage is smaller with no cord. It's so much smaller you cannot use that special mount for power pole switched. Finally, there's basically no where to step if you have large graphs up front. I did find a place to add one of those non slip pads, but I have to step over my graph which is kinds high.

PII with Classic/Margay front configuration would be perfect.

8. Member
    My only complaint with the p2 is the back compartment access. Its small , a removable lid and bigger access would be stellar! As far as the front i run 2 graphs and added some skid tape on the bow. Personally i have no trouble entering the boat. Honestly the recessed areas with my BBT mount that area if "full". As most has said the P2 really is a boat that could be a perfect 19 ft boat for most. My suggestion is always get in one. Fish outta one, crawl all over it. Everyones needs and want are different. What is the "right boat" for these 10 folks might not be right for the next 10. I will add the p2 is a little narrower on the front. And the troller is really up on the nose. Coming from a 17ft caracal took me all of a half a day to adjust. If coming from a wider boat this adjustment may take a bit longer.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KX1990 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback you guys have provided, I am in central California so I will probably visit boatmasters soon to see what they have available. I’d buy used but there’s not many available and I also would like the new 4 stroke pro xs. I’m tired of 2 strokes and the issues they have. My 225 pro xs treated me well but all my friends were blowing compressors, running lean and melting pistons, coil pack issues and injector issues. I’m also tired of spending $40 a gallon on DFI oil.
    I got my Classic at Boatmasters and they are awesome. When you're ready call and talk with Tanner. Not only does he know his BassCats but he runs a Pantera II so he's very familiar with how they handle in big water and how they fish.

10. Member
    I just went from Ranger 520 with a 250 to a P2 with the 200 4 stroke. Mainly for storage purposes. I think I love the boat, it drives different and my setup isn't right, engine too low, came with a 24 fury and i think thats the wrong prop, I have a 23 fury now and am playing with engine hieght. will have hydraulic jack plate soon. I like the up front position of TM, I like the ride of boat, it leaps out of the hole. My ranger had the tank switch by the driver, p2 is in splash well which I dont love but not a big deal. Its a little tight in the drivers seat and I'm 5 10, 195 so big guys may have issues. It came with a 24 series battery on cranking and i immediatly went to 31 series. I could do without the rod racks and tubes in box, I dont like the sandwich tray in the cooler as there is no drain in that side some I dry out any water with a towel. I like the key start as the pad on the ranger acted up sometimes, I like the access to everything in the battery compartment, very clean and easy to get to, the ranger was a mess. Again, I think Im gonna love it once I can go 74 and not fear death.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12