Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are coming along nicely. That will be a new boat when you get finished. Good job.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

2. Member
    Another long day out there but she’s getting close to being sea worthy now. Today I trimmed the pour foam, reassembled the back deck where I had cut it open. Wire wheeled and cleaned all the aluminum again to prep for carpet and carpeted the rear deck. First time carpeting boy did it hurt my brain to figure out what I need to do to make it half way decent where the deck drop down for the seats. As far as carpet goes I have to do all the lips on the rear deck yet, as well as the remaining front deck/hatch pieces when they are done with the waterproofing. It’s a mad dash to be done for Memorial Day weekend! I have Thursday off to wrap it up and Friday morning we’re suppose to head up north. I will still have to do latches and some other things after this trip but almost done with the nasty parts.
    1987 tracker TX17 full gut and rehab
    1975 Starcraft SS18 next in line for rehab

3. Member
    Managed to get the hatches cut in and glued after work, also ran the conduit and wired the trolling motor back to the new battery compartment. Also got first coat of full strength spar on the rest of the deck pieces.getting close now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Final coat of full strength spar on the deck extension/hatch ply. Will be carpeting and installing Thursday. Things are getting close. I’ll have her “sea worthy” for Memorial Day weekend with the family. But will still need to finish latches and a few other things after this week vacation coming up. But I think somehow I will make the deadline for the trip. It’s been exhausting the last couple weeks but definitely fulfilling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgammill View Post
    You are coming along nicely. That will be a new boat when you get finished. Good job.
    Thanks man, I didn’t do a lot of the ideas I had. I figured I should build this one straight forward and progress as I keep doing them

6. Member
    How was the trip?

7. Member
    It truly is a labor of love isn't it? Just "done" with a 2001 Xpress X19... I didn't have to deal with the wood issues, but man, a lot of work.. You are absolutely correct that removal of the old carpet adhesive is a bitch! Looking good man!

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    How did the boat make out on the trip and did everyone enjoy your hard work,keep us updated with final pics also
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

9. Member
    The trip was awesome, the first couple days I was mostly getting the cabin in order, I had to climb and remove 2 big white pines over the power lines and the roof. But the first trip is always a lot of work. Snapped a few pics before I topped the tree out I’ll attach below. The boat is running amazing, it seems like the new setup is weighting the boat much better she planes faster and is getting about 4 mph more top speed. I’m guessing that’s due to the removal of the water soaked foam and moving 2 batteries to the center of the boat. Because we added a decent bit of weight with the new framing and deck. I thought for sure she would be a little bit slower. Slammed the fish all week, I think the highlight of the week was fishing the black river, my dad and I put 35 rock bass in the boat that we’re all at least 12” before that day I’d only catch em that big 1 or 2 a year. No monster bass just 1 over 5lbs but a lot of 16-19” in the 2-4lb range but man was it a good week. The family def enjoyed the boat everyone kept wanting to come in my boat but I kept saying this is a 2 person boat unless your under 16 than you can fish the middle lol. Because adults tend to not listen when you say you can’t cast past the front or back you fish the middle of the boat and you spend all day bitching and untangling lines. One night just me and my 11 month old daughter went out with her strapped to my chest and we fished the sunset in that was amazing. The only major bummer of the week is at some point somebody put a pretty decent cigarette burn in the back carpet, I was pretty pissed when I saw it but nobody would man up.

still got things to finish on the old bird though, latches for sure. Than I need to either reglasss the console and paint it or I may either source or build a new one out of aluminum, and paint it. And I need to make a door for the old electrical switch panel I took out of the front. Along with a few other odds and ends but I have something to fish in for the summer. I will be starting the Starcraft before to long.

Beautiful lake !! Where is it ?
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    It’s Lake Nettie in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. It is linked to 3 other smaller lakes by the river you can get to by boat. Definitely my favorite place.

12. Member
    Wow amazing work, makes me want to try doing over an old aluminum.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    Thanks man it is definitely a lot of work but it’s worth it. I could never have afforded a new boat so this project made it possible

14. Member
    Nice job on the boat. Looks great. I have a little 1448 modified-v I'm redoing the floor in but it's a lot less work than what you did.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Nice job on the boat. Looks great. I have a little 1448 modified-v I'm redoing the floor in but it's a lot less work than what you did.
    Thanks man, If your not done already the biggest pointer I have for the floors are to make a template out of cardboard. Than adjust your lines for the thickness of the carpet. In my eyes all the work was worth it and I’m sure you’ll feel the same about your boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12