Evinrude Nautilus and Icon Gauges

Hey all,

I had some questions regarding gauge set up. When I got my 2017 G2 250HO they rigged it up with the square icon gauge that is now discontinued.

Mine has filled with water and is broken so I am looking at replacing it with the Nautilus 3.5 round gauge.

I have had 4 old gauges on the boat that haven’t been functional since I re-powered and they have always bothered me. I was thinking of replacing those with the Icon Basic Speedo, Tach, water pressure and trim.

I understand that the tach is the main gauge when networking your Icon gauges so I assume it would be impossible to run that tach as well as the nautilus 3.5 since they both would require the same connection?

If I can’t run that then is it possible to use the Nautilus 3.5 as the base gauge and still run icon basic gauges daisy chained off of that?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Zac

2. Member
    You understand incorrectly. The ICON Basic tach is a N2K tachometer. Information is fed to the gauge from the Evinrude N2K network. The Nautilus gauge is also N2K and can operate in harmony on the network with the ICON Basic Tach. But only the ICON Basic tach can operate the smaller basic gauges in their daisy chain.

the square ICON gauge maybe covered under warranty as its warranty follows the engine warranty. Evinrude was including a cover plate to cover the square gauge mounting holes. Here is that information. Note: Fits standard 3 3/8” round hole. Trim plate is needed if replacing a square gauge, 779547–black, 779546–white.

3. Member
    Okay so you are saying it’s possible to connect the nautilus 3.5 and the tach as well as the other gauges off of the tach?

I thought that only one of the 2 could possibly take the larger Deutsch connector so I couldn’t get them working in harmony.

4. Member
    Never mind I see the Deutsch connector just come off of the NMEA backbone, I can run 2 of those and then daisy off the tach to the other gauges. Thank you for your input!

5. Member
    Each gauge, nautilus and ICON Basic tach have independent wire harness’s that start with a Deutsch connector plugging into the back of the gauge. Each harness fits only the gauge it is designed for. But each harness ends with a drop harness and tee for connection into the N2K network. I recommend you do some additional research on NMEA 2000 networking. You will find that information in the sticky’s section at the top of this forum called “Look here for important BRP links”. Look for Icommand installation.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FiftyQuest View Post
    Never mind I see the Deutsch connector just come off of the NMEA backbone, I can run 2 of those and then daisy off the tach to the other gauges. Thank you for your input!
    the NMEA Does not connect into a deutsch connector