Who sings it better?

I like keeping up with new talent in the music industry- especially "prodigies" that come around and put a new take on some songs. Pure opinion from those here who know a thing about musicality and vocals from different genres- which of these two sing this piece better, putting yourself in as an unbiased juror, so to speak? Some pages I visit have folks with pretty strong opinions one way or another.

I’ve got an opinion and that’s just what it is. I like Adele’s version, not because it’s Adele. I look or should I say listen to all of the aspects of the sound. Both are very good,but Adele’s singing technique is more pronounced and clearer. If we were in the studio and Angelina was there ,I’d tell her not to “slur her words together”. Some people don’t mind that technique, but it’s my pet peeve. To me it shows lack of confidence and trying to cover over their imperfections. There’s a country singer who does this and I really like his sound but he needs to clean up his words. His name is Sturgill Simpson. He’s very good, but he slurs too much. Like I said it’s just an opinion. It may just be this particular song also. Just my opinion. I don’t mean to offend anyone, if this is somebody’s daughter,sister or anything. She’s still great.

3. Member
    Adel has the power in her voice and the experience, and the octive to pull that song off. The other lady just didn't have it. 2 different class artist.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
    I’ve got an opinion and that’s just what it is. I like Adele’s version, not because it’s Adele. I look or should I say listen to all of the aspects of the sound. Both are very good,but Adele’s singing technique is more pronounced and clearer. If we were in the studio and Angelina was there ,I’d tell her not to “slur her words together”. Some people don’t mind that technique, but it’s my pet peeve. To me it shows lack of confidence and trying to cover over their imperfections. There’s a country singer who does this and I really like his sound but he needs to clean up his words. His name is Sturgill Simpson. He’s very good, but he slurs too much. Like I said it’s just an opinion. It may just be this particular song also. Just my opinion. I don’t mean to offend anyone, if this is somebody’s daughter,sister or anything. She’s still great.
    I'm not connected with either one and I appreciate all the comments. I just think her timbre and depth (vibrato, tremolo and melisma) is very unique and interesting. People have said "she covers the lyrics in velvet" which some folks interpret as rounding the syllables/slurring since she is putting her own style on it and not attempting to mimic Adele's style, which many people assume. Adele is often times described as being "brassy" which makes her pronunciation clearer, no doubt (but it persistently tears up her vocal cords) . Angelina was signed to Republic Records and is labeled their highest priority artist. She is rooted in jazz sing and won her countries talent competition at 8 Y.O. so her vocal stylings reflect that background (Billie Holliday, Etta James, Ella as well as Winehouse), plus she is a native Norwegian and is only 15.
    Last edited by MadYakker; 05-25-2021 at 09:23 PM.

5. Member
    This guy is pretty good... Could spend some time on the street listening to him.

6. Member
    Another....

7. Member

8. Member
    some Skinnard...