Ranger RT178 bluewater bow led install

Hopefully this helps someone else out because I couldn't find any pics of these on an aluminum ranger. I wasn't sure how I was going to hide the wire. After digging around in the garage I came up with a couple different sizes of heat shrink tubing. I was going to wrap the wire any way to prevent damage from the hole. I used a larger heat shrink tubing that would slide up on the led. Then used a smaller piece about an inch out. When both was pushed into the hole with a little clear silicone it made it almost invisible. The two led's where wired into the front bow light plug.

port holes.jpgport install.jpgport complete.jpgstarboard complete.jpgtesting.jpg
    2020 Ranger RT178C
    Bow: Garmin 93sv uhd & livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Console: Garmin 73sv uhd
    Cumberland Crappie spider rig

2. Member
    Nice!

VERY NICE
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

4. Member
    This is on my list of things to do but hate drilling holes in the hull. Those pics do help a lot and make me want to do it more now

Nice job

5. Member
    Very nice job. Please come do mine. I just hate installing anything electrical.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    That has to be more visible than the stock bow light. Congrats on having the courage to drill a hole in the bow of your boat!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    That has to be more visible than the stock bow light. Congrats on having the courage to drill a hole in the bow of your boat!
    I'm just lazy. I hate digging through the rod box to get both pole lights out. Now I just have to worry about the back one. I used a lot of painters tape and measured 3 times before I drilled the holes.
    2020 Ranger RT178C
    Bow: Garmin 93sv uhd & livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Console: Garmin 73sv uhd
    Cumberland Crappie spider rig

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It looks really great! I’ve been wanting to do this myself. They look really bright.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV