Banned

Replacing 6 hole jackplate with 4 hole

I bought a atlas hydraulic jackplate for my 98 P3 bass cat I’m redoing. Removed the original power lift manual jackplate and it’s a 6 hole mount and atlas is a 4 hole. The last 2 botttom holes need to be filled in or find a 6 hole jackplate. Has anybody ever fixed holes in transom and how did you do it. Thanks.

Tape one side then make up a mixture of peanut butter (resin, filler, mek) n pack the holes.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    6 Holes are for really big engines. What Okielure said works, the epoxy will never come out. I personally would add Cut Glass or West Systems 404 High Density filler first then thicken with 406 Colloidal Silica. Inject with a epoxy syringe from the bottom of the hole out so no air is trapped. You can tape a piece of a bleach over the top to help it cure smooth.

It's not mentioned but, you should actually drill out the hole to the next size because you want to insure you have a clean bond for the glass mix to adhere too. Same goes for the inside and outside of the hole area face, next chamfer the inside and outside Transom faces lightly, now pack your filler into the hole tightly. This locks in your plug once it's filled. You must remove "ALL" traces of any sealing compound used then wipe with Xylene or equiv.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

5. Member
    Nikon Man is Spot On, I answered the post after too much red wine. Great follow up Nikon Man.