Any quick hacks to tell what position xdcr is in

New to the Livescope world
    im finding it very hard to line up the little sticker on the ducer to tell what position I’m in

Are there any hacks or advice you can give me?
    i’ve gotta turn upside down to make sure the transducer is clicked in the right position
    i guess i oughta mention I’m using the perspective bracket

2. Member
    I'm not sure what you're referring to but I'll take a stab at it. Go to SouthernReelsFishing on youtube and look at his video where he made his own perspective mount. He actually has a couple versions...stand alone perspective and one that switches between Forward and Perspective. In these videos he explains the direction of sonar in different modes and shows how to mark the transducer accordingly to show where it's pointing. I found this very helpful and it's a lot easier to watch than explain in words.
    Hope that helps!

I have the factory Garmin perspective mount. If a person was sitting in the drivers seat looking at my trolling motor my prop is facing out to the left so I have the port mounting arm and the port sticker on my transducer...

When I am in the forward mode and want to move the mount and transducer to prepositive I simply count the clicks. I will raise the trolling motor and hold the head of the trolling motor so its about half deployed/stowed with one hand. I take my other hand and rotate the perspective mount down 3 clicks. Then I rotate the transducer 7 clicks and it in perspective position. As a test when you're in the garage do what I am talking about and count the clicks to see how many it takes to get yours lined up correct. I have no idea if the clicks are the same for starboard mounting. Either way port or starboard simply learn how many clicks it takes to get you to where you need to be.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I have the factory Garmin perspective mount. If a person was sitting in the drivers seat looking at my trolling motor my prop is facing out to the left so I have the port mounting arm and the port sticker on my transducer...

When I am in the forward mode and want to move the mount and transducer to prepositive I simply count the clicks. I will raise the trolling motor and hold the head of the trolling motor so its about half deployed/stowed with one hand. I take my other hand and rotate the perspective mount down 3 clicks. Then I rotate the transducer 7 clicks and it in perspective position. As a test when you're in the garage do what I am talking about and count the clicks to see how many it takes to get yours lined up correct. I have no idea if the clicks are the same for starboard mounting. Either way port or starboard simply learn how many clicks it takes to get you to where you need to be.
    thanks man thats it right there