Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallie_Hawgin View Post
    Seems like something like this might work well... https://www.costway.com/swivel-hunti...AaAjEsEALw_wcB Looks like good support and not terribly heavy at 10 lbs...
    I like something like that but just think I'm going to have to be lower, these boats aren't the most stable in the water and I'm not the most graceful, sitting up that high I'm sure I would end up in the water. It would work though if it were bolted down to the deck.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    I've never seen a pedestal like the boater had mounted to the front deck. Luckily this is the only time I fish on that boat this year. We did have a good day though, finished 2nd as a team and we both finished in the top 5 overall for the day.

These reservoir rigs are aluminum hulls with custom aluminum decking and balanced for all of the batteries usually 10-13 batteries on board. The boater just didn't plan on putting in a seat for the co angler when he had the interior built. These boats aren't cheap to build I'm sure and the boater had just put a CMC jack plate on the boat and a brand new Ultrex so cost isn't a issue.

When I fished a reservoir club years ago I found a way to mount a seat base in the rear of my Lowe 1436 with a 9" post and a seat for my partner. It required some work and it wasn't pretty but it was a seat and safe.
    I'd go lithium before hauling around 10-13 batteries, that's nuts.

3. Member
    Not my boat, I'm not buying him lithiums. He probably still wouldn't have a seat for me...lol. Most of the boats are running Ray or Torqueedo 48-60v outboards so 8-10 6v deep cycles just for the outboards, plus more 12v for the TM. Like I said previously these boats without fisherman are so far over their coast guard weight stickers it's crazy. And alot of these guys remove the original seats and all the flotation foam from the boats when they strip them.

I bought Lithiums for my Ghost this year.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Mud View Post
    My buddy use's a Mid size cooler, you can put your lunch in it and all your tackle too
    ^^ this. https://rticoutdoors.com/Cooler-Cush...MaAjvkEALw_wcB
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

5. Member
    Millennium marine deck chair. Adjustable height 4”

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/mil...00004916746683
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

6. Member
    Have you thought about offering to help the boater design and install something suitable and stable and solid ? Sometimes that's all it takes.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    the only time I bring the seat for the back deck is for my wife, otherwise she'll complain like some of you guys LOL
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWbass View Post
    the only time I bring the seat for the back deck is for my wife, otherwise she'll complain like some of you guys LOL
    Wait 'till she's 75 see how agile she is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123