Dobyns Xtasy DRX 754C SH

Does anyone have any experience with the newer Dobyns Xtasy DRX 754C SH? I like split grip handles. I was just curios if it's light and well balanced. Thank You

I do not have the DRX 754C but I have the DRX 755C. In my opinion, the rods are incredibly light, well-balanced, and highly sensitive. I have had mine for a while now and enjoy throwing bottom-contact baits on it due to the sensitivity. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Is the 755 more like a heavy? Heard they power a little lighter. I need a stout swim jig rod for heavy cover.

The DRX 755C is a Mag-Heavy rod and more like a 5.5 in power.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbtr196le View Post
    I do not have the DRX 754C but I have the DRX 755C. In my opinion, the rods are incredibly light, well-balanced, and highly sensitive. I have had mine for a while now and enjoy throwing bottom-contact baits on it due to the sensitivity. Hope this helps.
    Thank You!!! I just wondering if it was balanced and light weight.

6. Member
    My Xtasy 754C FH weighs in around 4.6oz but feels lighter in hand due to its balance. I would assume the SH version weighs slightly less without hurting balance to much. I paired mine with a new Metanium.

7. Member
    I can't speak for that specific rod, but my DX745 and DC736 are the best balanced rods I own. I've got a couple of rods that physically weigh less than the DC736, but it balances so good that it feels lighter. The DX745 is the lightest rod weight wise I own...with a Curado K on it I can fish for hours and have no hand, wrist or elbow fatigue. I'd bet the DRX rods are as good if not better. I will mention that both of my Dobyns are FH models and I think that helps with balance.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

Quote Originally Posted by TohoRookie View Post
    Is the 755 more like a heavy? Heard they power a little lighter. I need a stout swim jig rod for heavy cover.
    I do feel they power a little lighter than some other brands. I do feel like the 754 fishes more like a MH/H and the 755 feels more like a “true” heavy. I throw lighter texas rigs and jigs with the DRX754 and 3/8 and up I like the DRX755 although both will fish the whole spectrum if you only go with one model. It’s taken me a couple years but I have 4 DRX models now. 2 cast and 2 spinning and they are all excellent rods for contact baits. The split handles will make some difference in balance but after owning split grips in the DX series I’m sure it will be negligible. I prefer full grips but dobyns is known for balancing a rod so I would take the dive and buy one if were me

9. Member
    For 1/2 Swim Jig, would you guys recommend 754 or 755? Pads, Grass use mainly. Torn, don't wanna go too light or too heavy.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TohoRookie View Post
    For 1/2 Swim Jig, would you guys recommend 754 or 755? Pads, Grass use mainly. Torn, don't wanna go too light or too heavy.
    Definitely the 755. The 755 has a soft tip but locks up very quickly. Pretty expensive rod for swing jigs, but it will definitely work. I've used mine a few times for this exact application when I had my typical swim jig rods already rigged for something else.