Dual Axle Trailer

If anyone comes across a Champion dual axle trailer please message me! It would be greatly appreciated! Needs to fit a 198. I even have a single axle for trade if anyone is interested? The original owner of my boat special ordered it with a single axle trailer so he could maneuver it around by hand easier, but I'd like to have a dual for traveling if I can find one. Thanks.

2. Member
    If your trailer is in excellent condition you can convert it to a dual. I did mine. Wasn’t a big deal for me but it is if you don’t have the equipment and fab skills. If you know someone who can do it then it might be worth looking into. Should still be as cheap as finding a tandem in good shape.

3. Member
    If your trailer is in excellent condition you can convert it to a dual. I did mine. Wasn’t a big deal for me but it is if you don’t have the equipment and fab skills. If you know someone who can do it then it might be worth looking into. Should still be as cheap as finding a tandem in good shape.
    I just recently got in touch with Ez loader inquiring about having a trailer made. They basically told me they don't have the time right now to do a one off. They're too busy building other trailers. So I got ahold of a local company here in Washington State that makes custom aluminum trailers and other things. They told me anywhere between 8 to 13k. Lol. So, my single axle is still in great shape and I'm the original owner of the trailer so I'm about to add an axle myself with the help of my nephew, who is a fabricator. He's told me more than once it would be no big deal for us so I finally decided to take him up on it. Probably start in the next couple of months. Did a ton of research and I'm actually looking forward to it now! I do plan on posting pics of the build.

4. Pat Goff
    8 grand???
    Keep shopping, that's really expensive.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    8 grand???
    Keep shopping, that's really expensive.
    Yea I agree. And that was the low side of the estimate. I know one of the members here (1bluemcm) that had one made thru EZ loader back in 2017 and it was about 6K delivered and aluminum. He's still a member but doesn't post much anymore. They were able to make it without having the boat, which is why I called them and was told to kick rocks. As far as the estimate I got here, I think part of it is the state I live in. Everyone wants an arm and a leg to do anything around here. So they give you an estimate and if it sticks than they win. And people here are willing to pay absurd amounts to have things done/built.
    The place I got the estimate from was referred to me by our local Phoenix/Bass Cat dealer. They do make some sick trailers and other stuff. Here's their link.....

https://www.whodattowers.com/

6. Pat Goff
    That is a nice looking unit for sure. Not sure it's worth four grand more than this one....

Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

7. Member
    That is a nice looking unit for sure. Not sure it's worth four grand more than this one....
    If I could get something like that made around here for that price, I would be ALL OVER IT!

I'm trying tobdecide if I want to make my own trailer or modify my trailer for a swing tounge. Q

9. Member
    I'm trying tobdecide if I want to make my own trailer or modify my trailer for a swing tounge.
    I just went thru my trailer two years ago. New bearings , brakes and actuator up front. It already has a swing away tongue. It's in excellent shape..... which is why I decided to just add an axle considering the prices I've been quoted.

Many manufacturers are more dependent on aftermarket options in this marine economy. Brunswick (Mercury) just released their sales and earnings, and their estimates on their growth in the market are astounding. Of course their success is buoyed by the shortage of Yamaha product, shortage of Suzuki and the exit approximately one year ago of Evinrude. Also new products they have are performing amazingly well, and the replacement parts market with market growth has been higher yet.

Quite honestly no marine manufacturer has the ability to meet demand in the present marine market and economy. Yes, we said it and we are as much as we try we can not build enough product. We face the same challenges you do to steel, plastic, resins and even fiberglass is on rationing (allocation) today.

Thus EZ Loader TI was not telling you to pound sand or kick rocks. They were honest in that a one off right now would require more time, more training and labor assistance, and more dollars on a product they don’t build today. They simply can’t afford to be less efficient and build one trailer in the time 1.5 or 2 plus can be produced.

They can have one customer chase other existing resources, or loose two. Unfortunately this is very Simple math in today’s environment.

BCB

11. Member
    Thus EZ Loader TI was not telling you to pound sand or kick rocks.
    You're absolutely correct. The guy I spoke to on the phone was nice about it and didn't literally tell me to kick rocks. I guess that was my attempt at being funny. I mentioned in post #3, "They basically told me they don't have the time right now to do a one off. They're too busy building other trailers". I think he also mentioned they were back logged/behind close to the end of the year.
    And thank you for taking the time to explain the challenges companies are facing in today's market.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    I just recently got in touch with Ez loader inquiring about having a trailer made. They basically told me they don't have the time right now to do a one off. They're too busy building other trailers. So I got ahold of a local company here in Washington State that makes custom aluminum trailers and other things. They told me anywhere between 8 to 13k. Lol. So, my single axle is still in great shape and I'm the original owner of the trailer so I'm about to add an axle myself with the help of my nephew, who is a fabricator. He's told me more than once it would be no big deal for us so I finally decided to take him up on it. Probably start in the next couple of months. Did a ton of research and I'm actually looking forward to it now! I do plan on posting pics of the build.
    thinking I had less than 1500$ in and that was including new tires and wheels. Probably a bit higher now but I don’t regret doing it. Works great and most people can’t tell it didn’t come that way. You would have to look for things like the fenders are welded on rather than bolted. I could have bolted them but was faster to weld. Had some paint mixed that matched almost perfect. If your not skilled in such definitely have someone help you that is. If mine ever does give up and the boat is still in the shape it is I will get an aluminum! Figure my trailer will outlive me.

13. Member
    thinking I had less than 1500$ in and that was including new tires and wheels. Probably a bit higher now but I don’t regret doing it. Works great and most people can’t tell it didn’t come that way. You would have to look for things like the fenders are welded on rather than bolted. I could have bolted them but was faster to weld. Had some paint mixed that matched almost perfect. If your not skilled in such definitely have someone help you that is. If mine ever does give up and the boat is still in the shape it is I will get an aluminum! Figure my trailer will outlive me.
    Yea my guestimate was around $1200.00. But I already have 4 tires and wheels that are fairly new. I would need to buy a spare though. I was planning on welding the fenders on too. Was still considering what I was going to do as far as painting it. I also was going to pay my nephew for doing the work but I know he's not gonna want to take any money from me. Got a couple home projects I'm working on right now and then the trailer. Probably next month, as long as I can find all the parts!