RedMax Zero Turn Mowers

Any Red Max ZT owners in here? I just learned of these a few weeks ago while researching for a new mower. I know there’s the other big brands which are in consideration but a shop
    locally carries them. I’m dropping by tomorrow to check them out. Any experiences?

RedMax products have always been commercial. A year or so RedMax was bought, Husqvarna bought them out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    RedMax products have always been commercial. A year or so RedMax was bought, Husqvarna bought them out.
    it is a husqvarna dealer who carries them. I asked a few questions and was assured they aren’t rebadged Husqvarna mowers in the plus and x series. A lot of the same components as Scag Turf Tiger etc etc as I’m sure a lot of commercial mowers share. Judging by input here from this group it’s not a mainstream name in the ZT industry.

5 years ago I hired a friend to cut down 5 large trees. These were 60’ and 24” across, lots of limbs, leaves, twigs. After all the big stuff was loaded, branches ect. Only thing left was a ton of sticks, twigs and leaves. He fires a RedMax 8500 backpack blower up and clears a 60x80 section of all the twigs leaves ect. Just blew everything into the woods behind my lot. A few days later I bought a RedMax 8500— one of the best lawn tools I own.

5. Member
    I can’t believe I’m saying this but I have a redmax weedeater and it’s really too much power for a regular home owner. I love it but it’s a beast.

6. Member
    I’ve got weed eater made in 2007- sticker on it. Still works like new and I’ve done nothing to it

7. Member
    Own a Redmax EBZ 8550 backpack blower & 2 RM trimmers, all perform perfectly.

Redmax was purchased by Husqvarna in 2007, Husqvarna acquired RM to buy its strato charged 2 cycle technology, with the onset of the clean air act RM was the only company making a 2 cycle engine that could pass the emissions standards. That is why Stihl went & developed the 4 mix engines on trimmers/blowers.

Those RM zero turns look amazing, I wish I knew more about them, they just released in 2020, still new to the market. If Redmax puts it out it’s usually pro grade.

Good luck with the purchase. A servicing dealer is probably most important.

8. Moderator
    I've never seen or owned anything Redmax but being in the mowing industry their product is known as being very reliable. As far as the mower goes, if you have good dealer support, I'm sure it will be fine. I run ExMark and Deere. Both dealers are close and very good to me.

9. Member
    It's true so better take a look at Husqvarna's Z254 and MZ61(reviewed)
    Last edited by jeremy_w; 01-09-2022 at 09:10 PM.

10. Member
    Bought the CZT60X. Zero regrets so far. Built extremely heavy. Smooth hydros. Easy maintenance. Kawasaki Motor. Dealer also had a great discount. Far below the MSRP which jumped considerably while shopping for mowers. I was hesitant but I’d do it again.

11. Member
    I'm gonna try to look that mower up online. I am starting to consider replacing my John Deere ZT . I think we have a couple Husky dealers nearby so I'll take a look. Well built, solid, and easy to maintain are important to me.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    I would have no issues buying anything RedMax. I have a trimmer and blower, if my ZT ever dies I will have a RedMax. I was looking at them a couple weeks ago at the local dealer, they're built like a tank..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

13. Member
    I did add a homemade striper with 4 U bolts and a semi mud flap. Wasn’t much aftermarket I seen available I cared for.