2008 20x2 Questions

I’m in the middle of a deal to buy a 2008 20x2 from out of state. I’ve seen pictures, talked to the dealership, and put down a deposit for them to hold it for me. I go down at the end of the week to look it over and make the final decision whether or not to purchase. The pics look good minus some wear and tear, which is to be expected on a 13 year old boat. While I’m fairly experienced with bass boats since I was practically raised on my dad’s, this will be my first one.

My question to you all is: Can you all recommend things for me to inspect when I get to see the boat in person? Any deal breakers that I should be aware of for this model specifically? For example, I was doing some research on a Skeeter ZX 225 and found that several of them had a problem with fiberglass cracking and chipping at the base of the jackplate. Is there anything like that out there for the 20x2?

Also, any general advice for inspecting the boat or for Triton ownership would be appreciated. I really hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pics so I can finally get my own boat.

2. Member
    The main thing I would want to see on that model is under the bunks. Check for hull blistering under there. Other than that, that model is a tank and well very built.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    The main thing I would want to see on that model is under the bunks. Check for hull blistering under there. Other than that, that model is a tank and well very built.
    Thanks for the tip. I definitely plan to do that. How concerned should I be of a few blisters? Is that automatically a big red flag, or is just a few not a big deal? To me, any would be a sign of potential future problems and could probably be a deal breaker.

4. Member
    I have a 2007 20X2 and have no blisters. The only thing that I noticed on mine is the gas smell on the port side rod box. There is a write up in the forum on how to fix it. Mine is very faint though. Outside of that I would just check out the normal stuff, gel coat, hours on the motor, cracks in the fiber glass, and check if the gauges work.