CITGO Petroleum Mystik JT-4 2 Cycle Premium ... ? good ?

anyone uses or know if this oil is good ? compared to omc oil ?

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    anyone uses or know if this oil is good ? compared to omc oil ?
    Why use anything other than OMC/BRP recommended products? Tried a few different oils over the years and always came back to OE. If it is just for saving $$$$ then I guess go for it. Dont know if its any better(probably not) but I am sure someone probably knows more than I.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Member
    I agree with using what is recomended. Oil is the life blood of any engine. I would rather spend the dough on oil throughout the life of my motor than go cheap and repair/replace it.
    Just my 2 cents.
    2004 ChampioN 188 Elite
    2004 Evinrude 200 DI

Is there the NMMA logo and the TC-W3 trademark on the oil container? If so, then the oil is adequate for most traditional 2-stroke Evinrude or Johnson outboards. It may not be recommended if you have an E-TEC model.

Post a picture of both sides of the oil container and the model number of your outboard for an accurate assessment.

You can also look up to see if the oil is certified TC-W3 at NMMA.org
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    i agree with you guys , a friend told me about that brand and i was curious .
    the omc oil is getting very pricey up here in canada $60 can for a us gallon , paid $45 5 years ago !

i read somewhere on BBC that amsoil is the same as XD100 but when i read the bottle of HP injector it says so but '' use at 50/1 and XD100 is 100/1 ? so ?

6. Member
    Amsoil and xd100 are not the same. Do a search on the site, use this poster,s name and you will find more information. Amsoil is good oil and you can rely on their performance claims