Anyone use Cajun rods?

Supposed to be one of the few American rod builders left. Interested to know the pros or cons from those who have been using them. It looks like a good entry price point also.

2. Member
    Witch Doctor rods are supposed to be very good as well. Just another American company if you wanted to look into them as well
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I have also tried to get some more information on Cajun rods here, but it appears that very few people use them. I think they are more popular for the Southeast inshore market, but have a good reputation there.

4. Member
    I recently bought a Cajun Rod Black Bayou series (7’ med heavy). Just comparing to my ALX rods, the Black Bayou MH/fast is closer to a MH+/moderate. I am not an expert on rods by any means but I am pleased overall. Well put together and the price is right. There are a few coupons out there for discounts so be sure to sign up for their news letter.
    Last edited by Chisco; 05-15-2021 at 09:05 AM.

5. Member
    I have several Atled series rods from Cajun Custom rods and love them.
    Light, sensitive and strength as good or better than any out there IMO.

I met the owner/founder of CCR many years ago and he is a 1st class guy. Probably one of the most knowledgeable rod manufacturer/rod builders there is.