Didn't know this was here!

Just found this arm of the boards. Didn't even know it existed.

Anywho. fished derby last weekend and they were crushing the jerkbait.

Went out Friday to a omaha lake (I know dink city lake) saw blue hills in the shallows and water was 61. Caught the first frog fish of year!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbraun_492 View Post
    Just found this arm of the boards. Didn't even know it existed.

Anywho. fished derby last weekend and they were crushing the jerkbait.

Went out Friday to a omaha lake (I know dink city lake) saw blue hills in the shallows and water was 61. Caught the first frog fish of year!
    glad you found this forum. Do you fish club tournament or some of the open tournaments? I’ve fished 2 open tournaments this year pretty much got my tail handed to me. Lol still had fun though.

I dont fish derby very often. Between my work, my partners, work and various family things it dosnt line up very often. We fished an open on 3 mile. Got forst but I won big bass. So that works for me. Fun times.

4. Member
    I have never fished 3-mile. Been to 12-mile a few times. If a guy was going to 3-mile would you fish the north or south end first? Or maybe right in the middle section? The Creston areas big 3 lakes takes me a little over a hour drive to get there. Thats just a little farther then I normally drive for a Saturday morning trip.

Depends on the time of year. Lots of walleye boaters out there but the bass population is SUPER healthy. Lake is going to be somthing special in a couple years. North of the main boat ramp is idle only and is a timber stump nightmare.

6. Member
    3mile=Lake Fork of iowa..

I'll be at 3mile alot here in a few weeks..

That might be a stretch but is doing well for sure.

8. Member
    I'm talking about the sunken timber/stumps

Not bass lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    I'm talking about the sunken timber/stumps

Not bass lol
    Is it pretty hard to drive your boat (idle speed) and not hit stumps? I got stuck at 12-mile in a John boat on a stump and had to have another boat pull me off. I never forgot that experience Lol not much fun to be stuck in a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbraun_492 View Post
    That might be a stretch but is doing well for sure.
    Ah. Yes. North of the ramp is 100% like fork haha. Stumps barley under the water.

You can definetly make it through if you follow the channel through the trees. If you stand up while you idle you should be able to see most of em.

12. Member
    Snapped my ultrex shaft half there last year cruising through the timber lolz

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trx5Trx510r View Post
    Snapped my ultrex shaft half there last year cruising through the timber lolz
    ouch that’s not fun at all!! I like fishing standing timber you can see but that stuff just under the water is a hazard!

It's almost worth the risk in my opinion. There is some good stuff up there to fish. Big spawning flat and all the polentimbers a guy could want. But there is A lot of stuff to fish south of stump hell too lol