Water in bilge issues

I keep reading about people with water in the bilge with the new Trackers and might have found my problem. I sprayed water with the hose in this gap under the transom cap and could see water gushing in. I would think this would happen when running on plane or coming off plane as well. This gap should have been welded all the way across. I was thinking of filling it with silicone to see if it solves my problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Pretty high on the transom for backsplash but clearly it is letting in water regardless. Good find. I can’t remember but the backsplash drain is also draining to the bilge. It’s been a while since I checked how that is routed.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    Pretty high on the transom for backsplash but clearly it is letting in water regardless. Good find. I can’t remember but the backsplash drain is also draining to the bilge. It’s been a while since I checked how that is routed.
    When coming off plane water can easily come over that cap. The back splash drain has a drain hole that just drains right out back behind the motor.

4. Member
    I would consider trying an aluminum epoxy. I've seen it where it could even be drilled through. Used it on an old motocross bike case when I split it on a rather large rock. Worked great. You might have to get it from the internet. I don't know if hardware stores would carry it. My father, who was a mechanical engineer, brought it home from work. Long before the internet
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

5. Member
    After trying it out, I still had some water in the bilge. The first place I notice water showing up is the ledge where the overflow hoses output through. The only other thing I can think of where water could come from in that area would be the motor mount bolts. Think I might pull and re-silicone the bolts.

6. Member
    Well, I resealed the motor mount bolts, but I don't think that was the issue. After some more screwing around I think I got it. I know I said it before about the transom cap, but I have a feeling this is it. I sprayed the garden hose into the corners of the gunwale cap right at the transom. Then I could see water running in right on the ledge I was talking about. I am going to caulk these areas and see what happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting find. I was looking at the transom cap yesterday as I was doing my jack plate install and found it curious that it was stepped like that. I should investigate to see if it is sealed or not.

Luckily I have a Bass Tracker which is one solid rear transom and not a stepped style so I would only have to seal the top cap.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

8. Member
    Just got back from my river adventure. I'm happy to say that this was it! I had way less water in the boat than ever before, especially for how long I was out there. I even took a couple waves over the back. The whole time the bilge pump wouldn't pick anything up to spit out the back, which it always did before. When I got to the landing to pull the plug, I probably had a quart of water. I am very happy with the results.

9. Member
    Back from the river once again. Didn't take any water over the sides or back this time. Pulled the plug and NOT ONE DROP!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!