Thread: Trim motors

Banned

Trim motors

Are the aftermarket trim motors any good?
    $50 vs $210 oem

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Answer your question, I buy/recomend OMC/BRP motors only. Seen too many fail(aftermarket) and some aint easy to replace. Borrowed Freds crystal ball...

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Banned
    So, my trim motor periodically cuts off. (no up or down at any of the 3 stations). If I tap on the trim motor with hammer/screwdriver end) it will start working again. Before I replace the motor, is it possible its just low on fluid?
    Doesn't leak down over night or bounce when going down.
    Last edited by Almag6; 05-07-2021 at 03:56 PM.

That sounds like a relay problem! Depending on which model you have it could be an inexpensive fix or a more expensive fix. List your model #.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

5. Banned
    UP and down would work at all stations. Then nothing would work at all stations. Tap the motor and it everything would work again.

Just finished swapping the trim motors. The "drive pin" on the old unit was severly worn. It was diamond shaped instead of rectangle shaped. Not sure if that was the issue or not or if it was internal (brushes?)? New unit works fine. EXCEPT I blew a relay now!! LOL

No kidding. up but no down. Swapped relays, down but no up. Luckily, I've got some spares here.

I did go with a geniune trim motor. I am a little concerned though as there was NO badging at all on it? I found that wierd.
    Last edited by Almag6; 05-07-2021 at 03:57 PM.