Columbia PFG Fishing Shoes

Anybody tried these or had them for a while, look interesting. I have a pair of the Huk and while they are comfortable, they are ugly as a mud fence.

2. Member
    I own 2 pairs of the Columbia Drain makers. Super comfortable. Breathable. Fast drying.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1

Under Armor also makes some comfortable fishing shoes.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVMX86J...lig_dp_it&th=1

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    I've got 2 pairs of the cheap Academy Sports "Magellan" shoes and one pair of "Skechers".....All 3 are great!

4. Member
    I have Columbia Drain makers and like them.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    I really liked my fugley Soft Science shoes but they don't make them anymore. I ordered a pair of Hey Dude shoes that someone on here recommended and I love them, super lite and comfortable.

6. Member
    Bass Pro has a similar line of shoes. Two of the color options are "normal." There was just a sale on these, but now looks like it's back to regular price.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/worl...-shoes-for-men
    Alex Darsen - 2013 Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
    It's more serious than that!

7. Member
    Have columbia pfg not nearly as comfy as my sketchers with memory foam
    2005 COUGAR FTD 225 OPTI

8. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1

$17, best fishing shoes I've found yet. They run about a half size big and pronate just a tad, but by far the most comfortable fishing shoes I've worn. Even after 8hrs.

9. Member
    Had a pair of drain makers and they were super light and dried quick but man if you have bad knees these aren’t the shoes for you. I wore them for a few tournaments about 5 years ago and after a day on the boat my knees hurt so bad that I could barely get up the stairs.. I was only 25 then too.

I now have 2 pairs in my closet that I don’t wear. I’d rather put on flip flops or a good pair of running shoes for the support. Your back will also thank you
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    I had a pair of the Columbia PFG shoes and wore them out pretty quick. The stitching on the seams didn't last 6 months, and I am not hard on shoes. They also offered very little arch support and that didn't work well for me, sore feet, sore knees, sore back, I was all outta whack. Would not recommend based on my experience.

11. Member
    I have a pair of Columbia PFG Bahama Vent. I like the breathability, especially on hot days. They are lightweight and have held up good. They probably arent the most comfortable shoes out there, but work for me.

12. Banned
    like mine

13. Scraps
    I have a lot of Columbia stuff. But don't like the shoes. I have flat feet and the shoes have little to no arch support. Have seen recently the Huk Brewster's are good.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Columbia produces some great stuff, but I’ve never found a pair of their shoes I could wear all day and be comfortable. Especially standing a lot while I fish. If I think I’m getting wet while launching I’ll wear a pair of DrainMakers to launch, and then I change into my Asics Nimbus running shoes for the day.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Hey Dude shoes are awesome. Light and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Columbia produces some great stuff, but I’ve never found a pair of their shoes I could wear all day and be comfortable. Especially standing a lot while I fish. If I think I’m getting wet while launching I’ll wear a pair of DrainMakers to launch, and then I change into my Asics Nimbus running shoes for the day.
    I always had problems with their shoes not fitting and generally being uncomfortable, but found that their newer footwear released in the last year or so fits my feet much better and is significantly more comfortable.

In my situation, I noticed they had been redesigned and since my wife gets a significant discount for working in a mall with a Columbia store, I figured I might as well try. I was needing something to replace my worn out old Cabelas GoreTex for cooler weather and rain, so tried the Vitesse Mid OutDry and was blown away at how much better they were than their old fit. To be fair, they're not PFG and if the PFG shoes haven't been redesigned probably not worth your time, but if you find some that have been redesigned, I'd suggest giving them another shot.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

17. Member
    I have several pairs of Columbia Bahama Vents, a pair of Hey Dudes, a pair of Huk Brewsters and Huk Mahi’s. Columbia’s good to hang out on porch or ride around neighborhood on golf cart but not great on the front deck all day, as others have already stated, no support. Hey Dudes stylish and comfortable but not a lot of support either. Huk Brewsters, not really comfortable to me. Huk Mahi’s are my go to for all day. I also have an older pair of Nike running shoes that are great. Personal preference for the most part. I have a buddy that fishes barefoot all day. Good Luck.