Thread: Rose Green Bass

Rose Green Bass

Obituary for Rozellia "Rose" Bass

Lily Rozeilla “Rose” Philbeck Bass, age 78, of Forest City, died Tuesday, April 27, 2021 surrounded by her family.
    Rose was born on March 6, 1943 in Shelby, NC to the late Robert Martin Philbeck and Virginia McCluney Philbeck.
    Rose was co-owner and manager of Greene Boat & Motor in Spindale, NC for more than 30 years. She was an amazing woman who blazed the trail for other marine dealerships to emulate. Her deep faith in God drove her compassion for others. She impacted thousands of lives with her kind, generous, and selfless spirit.
    Rose was married to the Rev. Richard Bass for more than 17 years. Their marriage was filled with joy, enriched by their travels together, long discussions over coffee, and tender companionship.
    She was preceded in death by her brother, Robert Talmadge Philbeck, and two sons, Todd Dysart and Chip Greene.
    Left to honor her memory and her legacy are her husband, Richard Bass, her daughter, Sandi Loganadan (Nick), her son, Andy Greene (Christina), and her grandchildren, Ian & Kyle Loganadan and Drew & Rachel Greene.
    The family will receive friends Friday, April 30 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm at Florence Baptist Church on 201 S. Broadway St., Forest City, NC. A celebration of her life will begin at 3:00 pm in the church sanctuary. Graveside burial will immediately follow the celebration at Mt. Vernon Baptist Church on 2676 Hudlow Rd., Forest City, NC.
    In lieu of flowers donations are requested to the Nature Conservancy at www.nature.org
    Crowe’s Mortuary is assisting the Bass family.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Banned

Prayers sent to all involved. Proud to have known and worked in her presence. She like Sandi always made you a better person anytime you were around them. Heaven gained another Angel.
    Last edited by Boatseller; 05-02-2021 at 07:36 AM.

4. Member
    ����

5. Member
    RIP Mrs Rose. Greene Boat and Motor was a legendary dealership back when I was getting into bass fishing and looking for a used boat. Their sales catalogs with all the boat listings were something I loved pouring through looking at all the listings to fantasize about one day being to own one. People from all over went there to buy Ranger boats as they were one of the biggest dealers in the area.Miss those good ole days.

6. Member
    One of the finest individuals ever in the boat business.

I've never dealt with a better boat dealership in my 50 years of buying boats. Rose, Hubert, and their staff acted as if you were their only customer, would go out of their way to take care of you, and, treated you like a close friend. I consider it an honor to have known them.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

8. Member
    rose will be missed truly a lady in every way met her in1986

9. Member
    The first Ranger Dealership I ever visited - Well done and Godspeed

10. Banned
    Met Hubert and Rose for the first time in 1981 when i went with my brother-in-law bought his first Ranger. Super nice people. Prayers for all her family and friends. She will dearly be missed.

11. Member
    Bought my 1st fiberglass bass boat from Rose. It was a 14 foot Cajun Brat. Boy I thought I was something lol. RIP Ms. Rose.